Never underestimate the power of the internet or your wife!

devon deer

Myself and my other UK friend bit the bullet yesterday, applied for the NR Montana big game combo, ouch that will hurt when we have to pay the credit card bill.

We decided (well me really) to apply whilst my wife was out visiting a friend, gave us uninterrupted time to complete the application, with the added bonus my wife couldn't see the cost this time.
I paid and printed my application, just as i heard the front door open, damn, the 'trouble and strife' was back early!
'All completed' she asks 'yes' say i sheepishly, 'i see the price has gone up this year' says she!
I should have known better, she is such a canny lady whom i love to bits, and i kind of knew what was coming next, her second statement was 'if you draw perhaps you would like to contribute towards a holiday for me in the sun whilst you are away?'
I reckon this tag has just cost me a considerable amount more than any other NR hunters on this forum!

I am having a Deja vu moment!

Cheers
Richard

I have to do at least one family trip to a beach somewhere in order to not get grief for my hunting trips.Glad to see I'm not alone.

Happy wife, oh so happy life. :) It's all good. Hope your wife gets a nice tan and you get a big bull elk this fall.

Since there have been 1,000's of leftovers the last couple years I would start looking at vacation plans for her pretty quick since it is about a 99.99999999999999% chance that you will draw.

I'm going to Idaho on my first Elk hunt this October. My wife is going on a cruise with her mom, sister and aunt in October. Everyone is happy, what's the problem?

I Like the story Devon, my wife and I have a don't ask don't tell policy. We are both very prudent so it works out well.

I felt the moment in your tale, hope you draw and have a grand time. Most of all I hope you make it with your ammo.:D

Thanks chaps, she already had a plan formed, she will be going to the Canary Islands with her sister, the trip, apparently, will be heavily subsidized by me!

At least she will be guaranteed heat and sun in October.

Bullets for my trip, no way am i taking that risk again, just in case i come up against the same jobsworth at Heathrow airport, a friend on this site will buy me some factory ammo, hopefully the same as i can get in the UK so i can play with it first.
However, my travelling companion will bring his own home loads, good luck on that Stephen!
Just a quick thank you to the guys on this site that came out of the woodwork to help me out last time, even Big Fin's wife was on the case.

Cheers

Richard

Hehe your plight already makes me feel good about the deal I made. I got married last month to my wife who is an English teacher in China now. She will move here to US when she retires next year, but retain her condo in Sichuan and live there each fall during my hunting seasons!

Dang that would be quite a haul to get an elk rack and meat back to the UK!

How do you think I have no problem with the wife with me spending that money on a Montana tag? My wife wanted to go to Israel with the church last Oct. I didn't bat an eye, knowing mid March was coming. She was excited, but I didn't cash those "happy wife points" in on anything else. Just saved them until now!

Back