Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Need Salmon recipe please

I know it's not real fancy, But my favorite is just some season salt and pepper.

We use Montreal Steak seasoning. Had a native gal in Alaska show us that and it was great on the grill!

Mix some melted butter, honey, and minced garlic and baste it on liberally. Season with salt and cracked pepper.

I haven't tried it yet, but a friend used a sesame crusted recipe on steelhead and said it was amazing.

Mix around 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon liquid smoke, 1 tablespoon or so maple syrup, 1/3 cup honey and a couple tablespoons of water to get a thick, but brushable, consistency. Baste it on a skinned fillet and then lemon pepper, garlic salt and onion salt. Put it basted side down on the grill for 7-9 minutes (or whatever your grill needs), baste and season the other side a couple minutes before you flip it over. If you have stuff leftover then baste the original side again, while the second side is cooking.

I just sprinkle with brown sugar, wipe off excess and the cracked pepper. Salt if you want to!

after having lived in the PNW for the last four years, my advice would be to keep it simple. let the flavor of the salmon shine through. cedar plank is the easiest way, but make sure you soak that board for a few hours first.

It's hard to go wrong. If Joe Hulbert sees this I'm sure he has some good ways. These are lake trout fillets. The top is just lemon pepper and garlic bread seasoning. The bottom is what's called the Alaskan baked potato. Seasoning salt, sour cream, real bacon bits and cheese. It was good for something new but I like the simple way just as well.

Attachments

• 1-IMG_2164.JPG
    1-IMG_2164.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 314
Mix around 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon liquid smoke, 1 tablespoon or so maple syrup, 1/3 cup honey and a couple tablespoons of water to get a thick, but brushable, consistency. Baste it on a skinned fillet and then lemon pepper, garlic salt and onion salt. Put it basted side down on the grill for 7-9 minutes (or whatever your grill needs), baste and season the other side a couple minutes before you flip it over. If you have stuff leftover then baste the original side again, while the second side is cooking.

^^^^^^^^^ This!

My favorite way is very similar. I like to make a tin foil boat and lay the fillet in skin side down. Leave the top open so the smoke can get in. Coat in butter, brown sugar, garlic salt, lemon pepper. Use plenty of butter and it melts down into the fillet and stays in the tin foil boat. Makes a great dipping sauce.

Attachments

• IMG_5253.JPG
    IMG_5253.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_5255.JPG
    IMG_5255.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 326
Cedar planked Salmon w/ spice rub
1TB Turbinado Sugar (or light brown sugar)
1Tsp Coarse Salt
2 Tsp Chili Powder
1Tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper

Grill on plank 12-15 mins at 350 degrees. Drizzle with honey when done.

Last edited:
I made alot of salmon & seafood over the years.
Ass. Mang. at a fish market 5 yrs,aka Fish Monger....

Simple is best for most fish and a hot fire or stove your friend.
Searing outside to seal. Cook quick.
Grilling ....brush w/olive oil or melted butter/or both,salt, pepper,dill
cook quick on hot fire
add lemon juice & serve

Try marinating in teriyaki overnight & broiling

Smoking & planking is a longer process. Cooler temps needed. But worth it.
I love smoked trout these days.

^^^^^^^^^ This!

My favorite way is very similar. I like to make a tin foil boat and lay the fillet in skin side down. Leave the top open so the smoke can get in. Coat in butter, brown sugar, garlic salt, lemon pepper. Use plenty of butter and it melts down into the fillet and stays in the tin foil boat. Makes a great dipping sauce.

If your going to use a foil boat, you might as well throw some shrimp in there as well!;)

Last edited:
Veri Terri terayaki marinade at least 2 hours, then grill skin side down don't flip. I've fed this to dozens and dozens of friends, everyone loves it. I've a few other recipes I use, but usually eat this about once a week.

Another favorite is spicy/sweet. I don't have a recipe specifically. A little brown sugar, a little maple syrup, a little olive oil, a splash of balsamic, cyan pepper to taste, salt and pepper. This should make a paste. Remove skin, coat top of fillet, place in a hot lightly oiled pan, coat top (skin side) cook a couple minutes, flip gently, coat topside again, cook for about 2 min. Finish in a 400 deg oven for about 5 min or until your liking.

Another favorite is salmon chowder. We eat a lot of this ad well, substitute halibut or other white fish, shrimp etc.

We eat a lot of fish, and have experimented with all sorts of recipes, but always go back to the tried and true.

I tried this tonight with a nice chunk of WHITE Alaskan King Salmon over an Apple wood fire. Oh boy! That sure was tasty! Makes a nice change from the standard method of just seasoned and over charcoal. I'll be doing this again.

Salmon

Me and wife found this recipe in an Alaskan cooking book when we visited a couple of years ago.....1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/3 cup veggie oil, 1/3 brown sugar, 1/4 cup water, mix well, pour over couple salmon fillets in plastic bag, marinade half day, grill about 400 degrees, flesh side down first, 7-9 minutes, skin side last 7-8 minutes, we love it, nice smoky flavor. Lot of people really enjoy it we have found

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back