Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Nebraska “slam” attempt

Congrats Stocker! I’ve been quietly following along and loving every minute of it! What a great bull, and memory.

I left out a good part earlier. I was only 1/2 mile from my truck. My friend was already there waiting on me. About 500 yards from the truck I hear a growl in some plumb thickets, then a hiss. I’d left my bow right where I saw him hit the bean field for reference. So I thought my buddy had hung a call in the tree and was messing with me so I kept on. Got closer and got charged by a pissed off badger in the dark. Growling, hissing, showing it’s teeth at about 3 step. What a way to die, kill you’re biggest bull ever then get killed by a badger. I threw a handful of rocks at him and he (or she, or it, it’s ‘22) decided the battle wasn’t worth it and took to the grass.

These are the perils of hunting elk in badger country. Those grizzlies are sissy’s compared to a charging badger. 🤣

A few more pics with me and my bride packing him out the whole 300 yards to the truck. Too bad this is once in a lifetime, I could get used to this pack out. Mustache gone, back in way (1/2mile) deep on flat land to kill another bull for my Mother In Law.
0A020BC8-BDCD-4A45-A0D7-BC5C277091FF.jpeg9C8E048D-3C70-49F8-87CE-D6EEF3724CA0.jpeg8EA73AE7-9B00-49B9-ADB0-BDC917D453F1.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back