Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

NE Washington Elk

Hammsolo

Okay, first things first. I know that this isn’t the way to do things on here… well, not exactly. My hunting has been very limited due to 3 knee surgeries in the last 2 years. I also didn’t draw a Montana Elk Tag this year… I have been researching using GOHUNT and such. I am looking at multiple units (trying to stay generic) NE and NW of Spokane for elk hunting. I haven’t hunted elk in WA due to going back to MT each year, and my season being full.

I know it isn’t the greatest elk hunting, but dang I just want to get out and hopefully see some. I am not looking for anyone’s honey hole, but have zero connections or leads outside of my work. I am not afraid to work hard or hike long (as long as my knees allow). Any advice on where to focus my e-scouting efforts through PM’s would be deeply appreciated, and I do have some great access to some turkey hunting spots if that would help. I have some deer spots, but the landowners are selective. Thanks for your patience and consideration.

I've never been up that way, but it seems like a tough place for finding elk. Good luck to you, wish I could offer some help.

I am still working on getting my first deer before I even think about chasing elk around the state. It's on my bucket list of things to hunt one day, though.

I hunted up there a couple of times when I was still working in Wa. There were elk but it was tough Work. Did see some nice white tails however.
I had much better luck hunting the Clochum unit herd. Season was such that I could stop there and hunt for four or five days and then join my family in Oregon.
That was 10 years ago.

I have a Seattle buddy who has access to private ground for elk and deer near Cusick. I know there is a lot of Tribal and USFS ground there, but I've never been more than 1/4 mile off the river.

I've never been up that way, but it seems like a tough place for finding elk. Good luck to you, wish I could offer some help.

I am still working on getting my first deer before I even think about chasing elk around the state. It's on my bucket list of things to hunt one day, though.

Good luck!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back