Caribou Gear

NE Washington Elk

Hammsolo

Okay, first things first. I know that this isn’t the way to do things on here… well, not exactly. My hunting has been very limited due to 3 knee surgeries in the last 2 years. I also didn’t draw a Montana Elk Tag this year… I have been researching using GOHUNT and such. I am looking at multiple units (trying to stay generic) NE and NW of Spokane for elk hunting. I haven’t hunted elk in WA due to going back to MT each year, and my season being full.

I know it isn’t the greatest elk hunting, but dang I just want to get out and hopefully see some. I am not looking for anyone’s honey hole, but have zero connections or leads outside of my work. I am not afraid to work hard or hike long (as long as my knees allow). Any advice on where to focus my e-scouting efforts through PM’s would be deeply appreciated, and I do have some great access to some turkey hunting spots if that would help. I have some deer spots, but the landowners are selective. Thanks for your patience and consideration.

I've never been up that way, but it seems like a tough place for finding elk. Good luck to you, wish I could offer some help.

I am still working on getting my first deer before I even think about chasing elk around the state. It's on my bucket list of things to hunt one day, though.

I hunted up there a couple of times when I was still working in Wa. There were elk but it was tough Work. Did see some nice white tails however.
I had much better luck hunting the Clochum unit herd. Season was such that I could stop there and hunt for four or five days and then join my family in Oregon.
That was 10 years ago.

I have a Seattle buddy who has access to private ground for elk and deer near Cusick. I know there is a lot of Tribal and USFS ground there, but I've never been more than 1/4 mile off the river.

I've never been up that way, but it seems like a tough place for finding elk. Good luck to you, wish I could offer some help.

I am still working on getting my first deer before I even think about chasing elk around the state. It's on my bucket list of things to hunt one day, though.

Good luck!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back