MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

ND HB 1151

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brock we bale graze ( something you would not allow in your ranch management classes) so I don’t have to feed every day so it is kind of a slow time

I had some catch up to do addressing the claims and accusations you made in your dozens of posts here 😳

At this point Brock your accusations of “nasty” smack a bit like Jussie Smollet or Bubba Wallace🤔😳

Maybe you can tell those people you called “assholes” they are “assholes” at the Senate committee hearing because most of them will be there testifying 🤔

Hope to see you there and hear your testimony where you can share these threats made and claims you have made here with committee members

Perhaps the two of us can sit down with Casey from the NDGF that ran the CWD meeting in Minot and have him go on record if in fact there were “ assholes” at that meeting 🤔😉

Say before you go can you answer if you have ever seen 600 deer congregating at a silage pile ?

I ask that question for this reason… if you haven’t maybe you actually could think 20 deer at a bait pile is how CWD will impact the deer herd 🤔

But if you actually have seen 600 deer at a silage pile every day for 160 days and you STILL think 20 deer at a baitnpile is what is spreading CWD….. umm well as they say… common sense isn’t so common 😉

So please Brock answer that if you would
Why don't you answer some questions, like NDBHA getting their marching orders from National...which is total bullchit.

Great! Then I would suggest North Dakota resident hunters start getting their wish lists together, hiring a lobbyist, and seeing to it they get what they want. Its amazing what kind of influence you can buy from a State legislator with a small campaign contribution, a half decent bottle of booze, and a marginal steak dinner. A good lobbyist can work wonders for hunters, that and getting the ear of some press...things happen fast.

I would start with unlimited doe tags in areas with large amounts of private land, 2 buck tags, and OTC rifle buck tags.

The sky is the limit.

I wonder if Resident hunters outnumber landowners? I bet so.
Back when the game and fish allowed the population to become so out of control they had to almost double the number of tags given out.. You used be able to almost get unlimited doe tags. I remember when people had 3-4 doe tags each here in North Dakota and a buck tag.. And a bow tag.

Nothing scary about hunters working the same system you are...

Deal with it.
Its not scary from the landowner side of things in the perspectives you shared so much and wouldn't affect my hunting area or way I hunt much if at all..

It's more scary for those sportsmen that would lose hunting acres because access would be that much harder to obtain

Reactions: GST
Back when the game and fish allowed the population to become so out of control they had to almost double the number of tags given out.. You used be able to almost get unlimited doe tags. I remember when people had 3-4 doe tags each here in North Dakota and a buck tag.. And a bow tag.
Who cares about populations, you said the NDGF doesn't know anything. So lets manage by mob rule legislative influence. OTC buck tags, 2 in areas with highest amounts of private land, and unlimited doe tags.

I would be using my lobbyist to get in bed with the insurance companies to vastly reduce those deer populations...bumpers and headlights ain't cheap these days.

Why don't you answer some questions, like NDBHA getting their marching orders from National...which is total bullchit.
NDBHA took their stance on this bill after a board meeting prior to legislative assembly being kicked off.. Without taking the input of due paying members.. The grass roots movement is steadily increasing in North Dakota, especially the western half of the state. People like to have a voice into what their organizations they pay dues to decide, whether that's in agreement with them or not, at least they got a voice.

Its not scary from the landowner side of things in the perspectives you shared so much and wouldn't affect my hunting area or way I hunt much if at all..

It's more scary for those sportsmen that would lose hunting acres because access would be that much harder to obtain
You mean the sportsmen you already only allow to kill does? Meh...not much to lose, plus, you're over-playing your hand.

Here's something specific, you already know it all.

Figure it out yourself, I'm not wasting my time with someone dumb enough to allow the Legislature to control your wildlife.

This will end up biting you in the ass...you heard it here first.
"The management of wildlife should not reside with the legislature; the management of wildlife should be placed squarely in the hands of highly intelligent trained wildlife professionals."
-Dr. Valerius Geist

A total fraud who emigrated to Canada from the communist German Democratic Republic.

Visiting with Representatives they said for every email they received opposing HB 1151, there were ten supporting the Bill. The sportsmen have spoken.

NDBHA took their stance on this bill after a board meeting prior to legislative assembly being kicked off.. Without taking the input of due paying members.. The grass roots movement is steadily increasing in North Dakota, especially the western half of the state. People like to have a voice into what their organizations they pay dues to decide, whether that's in agreement with them or not, at least they got a voice.
Right, that's how it works, the board takes up issues. Same as it works everywhere else in the world with a board of directors, hospitals, businesses, city councils, state legislature, federal legislature. Maybe you need to get off the farm more...

Also, the accusation was that the decision was made top down by the National organization, and not by anyone from North Dakota. That's a lie.

Who cares about populations, you said the NDGF doesn't know anything. So lets manage by mob rule legislative influence. OTC buck tags, 2 in areas with highest amounts of private land, and unlimited doe tags.

I would be using my lobbyist to get in bed with the insurance companies to vastly reduce those deer populations...bumpers and headlights ain't cheap these days.
Again youre not getting the point I'm making while I'm getting yours.. You can introduce and lobby for anything you want, in North Dakota and in almost every state I believe but could be wrong.

The bill gets introduced, discussion is held, a vote is made, and a bill becomes law. I get that and it happens alot, on wildlife laws and many other stances in the state that I agree and both disagree with.

The point I am making is there are repurcussions to those actions. And in a state where a vast majority is private land, the repurcussion for those very same sportsmen would be harder access..

"The management of wildlife should not reside with the legislature; the management of wildlife should be placed squarely in the hands of highly intelligent trained wildlife professionals."
-Dr. Valerius Geist

A total fraud who emigrated to Canada from the communist German Democratic Republic.

Visiting with Representatives they said for every email they received opposing HB 1151, there were ten supporting the Bill. The sportsmen have spoken.

So now you believe legislators?

Funny...unless they're in opposition of your agenda.

Oh, and now Val Geist is a fraud...that's taking stupid to places its never been.

As someone who has baited deer many times in the past and will continue to do so if legalized again in the unit I hunt, I did not support this bill. call me a hypocrite if you want I guess. I cannot get behind taking power away from the game and fish and letting the legislature make decisions related to wildlife management. Keep in mind this is the same legislature that "we the people" just voted by a large margin to have term limits. So first we limit their power, but now let's give them authority on something they should have nothing to do with. And let's be honest what this is all about and stop with the "it's for the kids and disabled hunters!". Baiting generally makes it easier to shoot deer and bigger bucks. Hell, that's why I do it.
I a curious if you voted for NDs constitutional amendment to protect hunting, fishing and trapping?

If you did you voted for the legislature to step in as a check and balance by law on the state agency able to regulate as is written in that amendment

I make no bones big bucks is why I hunt and in some cases it aids in getting one … we have also introduced several kids to bow hunting an use baiting to get a deer standing at a known yardage the kid is proficient at in a position where a killing shot is likely to have a good outcome

You want to put a road block into a kid continuing hunting…. Have a kid watch a deer run off with an arrow sticking out of them and never find the deer cause it wasn’t a good shot or worse yet have them see that wounded deer with the arrow sticking out of them a week later and not be able to finish it off

Bad shots can always happen….it IS ethical to lower the odds and that is what baiting can do

One of my pet peeves is guys that spot and stalk a deer get into 75 yards and wing an arrow out there … can you kill a deer like that … yep… the odds go WAY up wind or a branch you can’t see at 60 yards screws up your shot and the arrow hits the deer in the ass and MAYBE you find it a week later when the magpies are flying around

But hey it was a spot and stalk so that guy is ethical as hell and a great white hunter 🤔

The year we had 100 deer shot out of our yard about 70 were archery over bait at 15 yards …. Out of 70 deer only one was not recovered within an hour or two after the shot

Lets be honest …. Much of the opposition to baiting is rifle hunters that don’t bow hunt pissed when they see pictures on FB of bigg bucks shot in velvet or October a week before they got a chance at them

Terry Stienwand told me flat out that is what influenced them to try and ban baiting through the legislature in 09

But hey wear your mask, stay home and get your 5th booster cause its all about the “science”….🤔😜

Right, that's how it works, the board takes up issues. Same as it works everywhere else in the world with a board of directors, hospitals, businesses, city councils, state legislature, federal legislature. Maybe you need to get off the farm more...

Also, the accusation was that the decision was made top down by the National organization, and not by anyone from North Dakota. That's a lie.
I know how boards work.. I sit on to many to count on my fingers, the "fun" part about living where and being put on boards is almost a rite of passage it seems.

As part of a grass root movement a majority of those boards I'm on now poll it's members (whether due paying or just members as some orgs don't require dues). Especially with the way technology is anymore a poll could be sent out to member through email or text message and then that input put to use.

I a curious if you voted for NDs constitutional amendment to protect hunting, fishing and trapping?

If you did you voted for the legislature to step in as a check and balance by law on the state agency able to regulate as is written in that amendment

I make no bones big bucks is why I hunt and in some cases it aids in getting one … we have also introduced several kids to bow hunting an use baiting to get a deer standing at a known yardage the kid is proficient at in a position where a killing shot is likely to have a good outcome

You want to put a road block into a kid continuing hunting…. Have a kid watch a deer run off with an arrow sticking out of them and never find the deer cause it wasn’t a good shot or worse yet have them see that wounded deer with the arrow sticking out of them a week later and not be able to finish it off

Bad shots can always happen….it IS ethical to lower the odds and that is what baiting can do

One of my pet peeves is guys that spot and stalk a deer get into 75 yards and wing an arrow out there … can you kill a deer like that … yep… the odds go WAY up wind or a branch you can’t see at 60 yards screws up your shot and the arrow hits the deer in the ass and MAYBE you find it a week later when the magpies are flying around

But hey it was a spot and stalk so that guy is ethical as hell and a great white hunter 🤔

The year we had 100 deer shot out of our yard about 70 were archery over bait at 15 yards …. Out of 70 deer only one was not recovered within an hour or two after the shot

Lets be honest …. Much of the opposition to baiting is rifle hunters that don’t bow hunt pissed when they see pictures on FB of bigg bucks shot in velvet or October a week before they got a chance at them

Terry Stienwand told me flat out that is what influenced them to try and ban baiting through the legislature in 09

But hey wear your mask, stay home and get your 5th booster cause its all about the “science”….🤔😜
Maybe rifle hunters need to get a bill passed to open rifle season and archery season on the same day...

Forgot to add that this will only be the start....we're now on a slippery slope of game management. Let's re-visit this thread in two years at the next legislative session to see what new bills are introduced. Perhaps over the counter rifle buck tags? If that's what the people want, why not?
Maybe draw tags for archery because the badlands are being over run now that baiting is being banned more and more …. Oh wait the NDGF is already considering that 🤔

The legislature just killed the party hunting bill … they may just be listening to the sportsmen of ND 🤔

I know how boards work.. I sit on to many to count on my fingers, the "fun" part about living where and being put on boards is almost a rite of passage it seems.

As part of a grass root movement a majority of those boards I'm on now poll it's members (whether due paying or just members as some orgs don't require dues). Especially with the way technology is anymore a poll could be sent out to member through email or text message and then that input put to use.
Sounds clunky, inefficient and about as nimble as a gut shot rhino...

Your constituents must put very little faith in the board if you have to poll them for every decision. Of course, with you as a board member, maybe I see why they need a poll.

As someone who has baited deer many times in the past and will continue to do so if legalized again in the unit I hunt, I did not support this bill. call me a hypocrite if you want I guess. I cannot get behind taking power away from the game and fish and letting the legislature make decisions related to wildlife management. Keep in mind this is the same legislature that "we the people" just voted by a large margin to have term limits. So first we limit their power, but now let's give them authority on something they should have nothing to do with. And let's be honest what this is all about and stop with the "it's for the kids and disabled hunters!". Baiting generally makes it easier to shoot deer and bigger bucks. Hell, that's why I do it.
the bill sponsor (our districts rep) ( and before anyone hoes there I had no idea he was introducing this bill or had any conversations about it with him prior to his announcing it at a legislative forum) in his testimony introducing the bill spoke to repeated dismissals by yhe GF that he as a bow hunter in his legislative capacity tried to find a solution and a compromised path forward

If you watch the subcommittee hearing Charlie Bronson the GF vet was asked if any amendments to the bill as a compromise would get support from the GF and he flat out says no he just as well could have gave the committee the finger because he did not even read the amendments before he threw them down on the table ( you can hear Anderson say “ must be a speed reader”)

The GF could have worked out a solution … they refused and now in listening to the people 77%for to 23%opposed testimony the legislature did what our constitution requires them to in direct wording

The NDGF decreed from high one too many times

Oh, and now Val Geist is a fraud...that's taking stupid to places its never been.
Let's not forget what he said, quote unquote

-Dr. Valerius Geist

Sounds clunky, inefficient and about as nimble as a gut shot rhino...

Your constituents must put very little faith in the board if you have to poll them for every decision. Of course, with you as a board member, maybe I see why they need a poll.
Or maybe the board realizes that since they represent more then just a board, the input from its members do mean something, and that maybe since they do pay dues or are active members their voices being heard isn't a bad thing.

So do you think all game and fish management should be up to the legislature since they're elected? Or just the rules you disagree with?
The head of the ag dept is elected

The head of the education dept is elected

The head of the tax dept is elected

Why?

Why should the head of the GF not be elected ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back