National Forest Restrictions

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
New fire Wednesday just outside of Polebridge (west of Glacier National Park). It was 50 acres in heavy timber within two hours of ignition. They've thrown a lot of aircraft at it to keep it as small as it is at around 200 acres now. https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7712/

A handful of other small fires keep popping up and keeping local resources spread thin.

Not true...but keep guessing. The absolutely did cancel part of archery season in '88.
For those of you that remember a state wide snow storm on September 7 that year of about 8 inches of wet snow is the only reason it opened when it did

My moose hunting unit is 90%+ closed. Current plan is to still be out there looking for moose in the open area when the season opens. But depending on the pressure from the 4 other guys at that time I may change my plan or hold off. There is talk of rain checks on some controlled hunt tags depending on when the fires get under control.

All public closures were lifted yesterday in my elk zone but all corporate timber lands are still closed. I’m not sure how much rain it will take for them to re open but we certainly aren’t seeing it forecast

Fire took my campsite for plan A last week, hoping it stops before the entire area burns. Entire place I planned on hunting is closed.

Hopefully plan B comes together. It's farther away, I don't know it as well, and the campsite isn't as good. But I'm betting there's animals to hunt somewhere in that mess.

Good luck to anybody else that's had their plans modified by the fire situation in forest closures. And I guess good luck to everybody else who's plans weren't.

Last edited:
Looks like NW MT is on the border of lifting fire restrictions...(?)

umatilla forest here in oregon opened back up 8-13,except right in the fire areas,,finaly western oregon getting a few light showers today,,more on shore jet stream really feels good today,moisure in the air,,hopefully it will help alot and head inland and east as the west really needs it.

Archery season statewide in 88 was closed except on private...lived it.
In 1988 they extended archery season for a week, because it closed during the early season. Actually they only extended it 5 days, had a day break and then opened rifle season. I remember because I was standing 10 yards from a bull elk the one day you couldn't hunt. Ha!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back