National Forest Restrictions

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Fremont/Winema Forest now closed to all access in OR.

Gonna hit the lake tonight to get one more day of fishing before they close that forest.

Which is entirely irrelevant to the point of this thread. It’s not about season closures, it’s about public land use restrictions and closures.
Wouldn’t a season closure dictate our land uses? After all, we ARE most commonly referring to land use FOR hunting purposes…

Wouldn’t a season closure dictate our land uses? After all, we ARE most commonly referring to land use FOR hunting purposes…
It is not explicitly geared towards hunting. To my knowledge, other than California, there are no seasons open yet. Pretty hard for me to fish the St Joe up high when the forest service road is closed. Or, float the Grand Ronde when the Umatilla Forest is closed.

Apples and oranges. This thread is about land use restrictions.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not explicitly geared towards hunting. To my knowledge, other than California, there are no seasons open yet. Pretty hard for me to fish the St Joe up high when the forest service road is closed. Or, float thw Geand Ronde when the Umatilla Forest is closed.

Apples and oranges. This thread is about land use restrictions.
Okay, valid point. sorry I blew up…

I could google this and figure it out for myself, but wasn't that when a good portion of YNP burned? I can remember that fire from when I was a little whipper-snapper.
Yes, and an enormous fire in the Scapegoat Wilderness.

All DNR-managed lands in eastern WA closed this Friday.

I can’t remember if it was 2000 or 2001, but not me of those years the majority of the national forests in western Montana were closed to all public access. Bow hunters from as far away as Libby and Thompson Falls were driving to hunt the Custer by Ashland.
2000 I believe. No rain all spring or summer.

I can’t remember if it was 2000 or 2001, but not me of those years the majority of the national forests in western Montana were closed to all public access. Bow hunters from as far away as Libby and Thompson Falls were driving to hunt the Custer by Ashland.
They talked about delaying the archery season for a week a couple of years ago too. It never made public news because it didn't happen, but a lot of BM in central MT closed for archery because it was so dry. It seems to be a more frequent occurrence.
Also, I think changes since 2000 make what hunters did then impossible now. All we can do is hope it rains. Maybe the extreme weather will do a 180 and we will get gully washers in August.

All DNR-managed lands in eastern WA closed this Friday.

Beat me to it. Crazy times.

Enjoying our garden across the board a month early due to the last 6 weeks of heat and daily water. Small consolation.
Having flashbacks recently of my summer of '88 working construction in YNP.
Pretty doubtful we see a change until mid September. I think I remember one summer ( '93 maybe) when rain kept up for the bulk of the summer months.

And just like that. We are starting to get a nice little afternoon shower here in the Bitterroot. Lightning along with the rain unfortunately.

And just like that. We are starting to get a nice little afternoon shower here in the Bitterroot. Lightning along with the rain unfortunately.
There are a few new additions to inciweb today. I expect many more by Saturday.

Back