Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

My sons mule deer

Brisco

We found some time to get out and hunt this last fall and had a little luck. My son had an either species rifle tag and really wanted to shoot a mule deer. He was pretty temped the first night with some small whitetail bucks feeding in front of us but decided to wait. Two days later we were glassing in the morning with my brother and he had a couple mule deer bucks bed out in front of him. They weren't what he was looking for but they were in a good spot to set my boy up for a shot. He motioned for us to come take a look and then we got my boy set up. The bucks were bedded down which dosen't present the best target for a kid but he had a steady rest and wasnt rushed. His first shot connected but wasnt perfect, the deer made it to its feet and he was able to put him down right there. The shots were about 125yrds. He was pretty darn excited and glad he waited for a mule deer. Its very rewarding to take kids hunting and even better when they have success.

Attachments

• IMG_1690.JPG
    IMG_1690.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 755
Way to go little man! Love to see these stories , thanks for sharing and teaching the next generation!

Congrats to your son and you for taking the time to teach him the great outdoors!

I love these stories popping up in the off season! He learned a great lesson about patience and sticking to a plan/goal. Nice work!

awesome ,well done to both of you.I have more fun watching my boys be successful

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back