Yeti GOBOX Collection

My philosophy about gender in language.

Damsel? Dame? Filly? Doll? No thanks.

Woman, girl, lady work just fine. The others should stay in the black and white movie vault.
If we are going to dispose of all the informal terms for females we should also get rid of all the informal words for males to be fair.

Bloke, Dude, Fellow, Chap, Guy what have I missed?

Ok, we might keep GUY if we also keep GAL. Sound fair?

Anyway, guys and gals, I've had my say. Happy hunting!

If we are going to dispose of all the informal terms for females we should also get rid of all the informal words for males to be fair.

Bloke, Dude, Fellow, Chap, Guy what have I missed?

Ok, we might keep GUY if we also keep GAL. Sound fair?

Anyway, guys and gals, I've had my say. Happy hunting!
Pard - you missed Pard.....

Can I join in?
Old English, Devonian slang (county of Devon in England)
Boy=Bey
Girl=Maid

Strange thread for a hunting forum but hey-ho

Cheers for now Bey:ROFLMAO:

In 1990, in the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie, the fictional character Casey Jones referred to April O'Neill as "Broadzilla". For 20-some years, I kept that one collecting dust in my pocket till the critical moment in my marriage that it was called for. It will never be called for again.:ROFLMAO:
8B4CCEA7-641E-43C5-A1AC-D5A2198E831A.jpeg

Ma’am seems fine.

Of course, that’s coming from a survivor of the “bitches and ho’s” era so 🤷🏻‍♀️
I had a lady in her late 50’s going apesh*t over some stupid little thing in a parking lot. In the course of trying to extricate myself from the situation I called her ma’am. She freaked out, screaming at the top of her lungs that she was no ma’am and that I was a misogynist for using the term. I calmly pointed out that I use the term respectfully for women who I don’t have another name to use, but I wouldn’t be needing it any longer now that I had a proper address for her, “bitch”. That went over as well as you would expect.

I expected a talking to from my wife on the ride home for that last part, but instead just road quietly for a few minutes and then said, “you should have punched her in right in the chops.” Not something my wife has ever suggested before or after.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back