Gender roles polls

Grizzly bear, active shooter. Who do you want by your side?

• Huntingwife, Europe, Randi or virtually any other female forum members.

Votes: 33 94.3%
  • DouglasR

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
I only opened this very dumb thread to confirm what I assumed, which was this thread would have been locked already. To my surprise, not yet.

Best guide I ever hunted with was a 47 year old woman. She could hang with the best men out there. Gender don’t matter. Being able to shoot when the bear charges does.

Of all the people I know, the person I'd want by my side is my sister in law... no question. She shoots more than anyone I know, and has 20 years in as an LEO.

How many G bears have you seen @DouglasR? You might change my mind, but by going of your recent thread topics relating to things that urbanites engage in, I'm going to guess zero?

I’d rather be with someone I don’t mind kneecapping 🤷🏻‍♀️
or at the very least, did not want to---

Something my grandfather told me once comes to mind.

"You can keep your mouth shut and let people think you are a fool or open it and remove all doubt"

I do not know all the men and women on this forum but of the ones I know, I would pick Salmonchaser in a heart beat if I was asking someone to accompany me in bear country. But I like Gerald Martins post as well, and I agree with him !
Option A all the way every day. Reasons for my decision?
1. Anti-roasting OP rule indicates cowardice. Cowards can probably run faster than I can and probably have the keys to the truck.
2. The ice water flowing through the veins of@Hunting Wife and @Panda Bear give me full confidence the bear will be piled up mid charge with a bullet between the eyes.
3. @Europe is so classy and feisty that regardless of whether she can shoot or not (my bet is on “can shoot) I would expect the bear to slink off after looking her in the eyes. Immediately upon noticing the charge, I would be searching the internet for the appropriate song to play at her request after she dealt with the bear.
4. I don’t have complete impressions of @Randi or @MTelkHuntress’s accuracy but based on the actual observations of my wife and daughters in the field, I wouldn’t lose sleep over either one of them protecting me from a grizzly.

however my first response, a least in my head, can not be typed here

or at the very least, did not want to---

Something my grandfather told me once comes to mind.

"You can keep your mouth shut and let people think you are a fool or open it and remove all doubt"

I do not know all the men and women on this forum but of the ones I know, I would pick Salmonchaser in a heart beat if I was asking someone to accompany me in bear country. But I like Gerald Martins post as well, and I agree with him !

however my first response, a least in my head, can not be typed here
Sorry for forgetting to put you in the poll, Panda Bear.

Parnelli from work has been telling me that saying about keeping my mouth shut for years, but he’s got a mullet, tons of cigarettes and one of the first hate crimes ever successfully tried and prosecuted in Champaign county for running his lifted Scottsdale through his neighbors picnic table for playing their music too loud on a work night back in the early 90’s charged to his name so I don’t listen to him.

but you seem like a much smarter person than him so I will try to remember your grandfathers words of wisdom in the future.

have a great weekend!

Of all the people I know, the person I'd want by my side is my sister in law... no question. She shoots more than anyone I know, and has 20 years in as an LEO.

How many G bears have you seen @DouglasR? You might change my mind, but by going of your recent thread topics relating to things that urbanites engage in, I'm going to guess zero?
Closest I’ve ever been to grizzly country is Bozeman and the only reason I know there’s not grizzly there is because like right before I left to go there last March I was like
“Oh shit I wonder if there’s grizzlies there. Maybe I should bring a gun”
So I pm’d wllm and he set me straight.

Not a stick. He would be trying to fend it off with a ski. 🎿
I’d race a bear down a blue run.
Edit: according to google gb’s can only run 35mph and according to my ikon app I can ski 37 so if I can just put it in the front of the boots and send it I should be good.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back