My daughter's first big game animal

William Christy

My daughter's first big game animal was taken the second evening of the MT youth hunt this year. She opted to pass a buck the first night, wanting her brother to go first. He ended up making a perfect shot at a fine public land MT whitetail. After experiencing a successful hunt the first day, she was more comfortable the second day. I got buck fever the second morning and spooked 3 good bucks away (60 yards) while trying to get her set up for an easy shot at daylight. The last evening, we were in place, and things worked out perfectly. She made a perfect shot through the lungs and shoulders. When the buck toppled- she was pretty overwhelmed, with tears of excitement and the strongest hug she ever gave me. I believe she's successfully hooked. Hope you enjoy the photos.

Attachments

• Tyler's buck 2015 with Liv.JPG
    Tyler's buck 2015 with Liv.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,372
  • Livs 1st buck.JPG
    Livs 1st buck.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 1,375
  • Livs1stbuck2.JPG
    Livs1stbuck2.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,371
How precious, love the story and a beautiful buck to top it off. Congratulations young lady!! (and thanks for the memory flashback of my kids :) )

Best photos of a kid with their first animal I've ever seen. You captured her joy perfectly.

Awesome photos! Congrats to all of you on a great weekend.

Congratulations to all three of you. The youth hunt is a great thing.

Congrats on a great youth hunt. And awesome pictures - I'll be showing my daughter these after school.

That is awesome! Beautiful photos and a really nice buck!

Congratulations to her and the rest who helped her alone the way!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back