Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

My archery buck from today........Double dropper.

supersider34

I went out and was just going out to scout today as I told my wife I was going to stay at home all day but around 3 I got bored so emailed wife and told her I was taking our son out to go scouting. Well got out to my normal spot to glass and spotted some deer about 400 yds away. I told my son not to come up on the hill or that side of it. Well a hour and a half later the deer blew out of there and I headed back to my truck and there stood my son on top of the ridge. After chewing some butt we headed to find them again. Well around 5 I spotted him bedded up against some rocks about a mile away from the first spot. I almot just walked right up to him before he even knew I hit him with an arrow. I shot down off the top at about 15 yds and he only had 1 doe with him by now. Before he had 9 doe's. Well he ran up over the next rock pile about 75 yds and I saw the doe still running and knew he was down. I came up over the next rise and he was bedded so I walked clear around him in full view up till about 40 yds and hit him again. He died fast now and me and my son loaded him and headed home after 20 calls to all my friends. He measures 30" wide and is a 8x9. Also has double drops on him. Not bad for just a day of scouting.
here are 3 different pics of him.
216713.jpg

216714.jpg

216715.jpg

KACHING !!!!!! Someone hit the Jackpot !!!!

Nice score bro, you running out of wall space yet ? ;)

Moosie buying a house and waiting for the appraisal and if it meets the bid then i will have a 24'x 24' with 10' ceiling for my trophy room. Wife gave me that room for my mounts. Hopefully it appraises for our bid. Will be moved in by Nov 20th.

My brother told me to put it in the Sportsmans Warehouse big buck contest. Here in Twin and I dont know if they end up in Boise or not so might end up there for the contest. Had one in there 2 years ago. Took 3rd. So who knows.
Thanks all.

SSider- you're having quite the year man Congrats!
Look at the neck on that hog!!! I like the crowned out forks as well- definately wall material. You're breakin' the son in right :cool:

Way to go there supersider! Did you shoot this buck with a bow during a general any weapon season? Just curious. That is a dandy buck for sure. Congrats!!

Great buck. And a good story. Its great that your son was there with you. IS this buck bigger than the one in your signiture?

That is a heck of a buck "sider". You the man. What is that, three in a row? The pics turned out great. Looks like you son is as excited as you. :D

He green scored 205 3/8ths.
No the buck in my signature scored 182 P&Y.Gross.
This is my 4th buck in 4 years of archery hunting.
I said on another forum 2 years ago about not putting my buck in on big buck contests but my brother said it would be nice if this buck won as I think they give a bow to the winner. My brother said I could give my son the one I have now as I have broken it in for him. Only contest I am putting it in. See what it gets scored up there. I had an official score it for me so see how much difference they score it.

Way to go! You'll have to change your signature picture. Also, it's nice to see dads with sons. You're getting the little fellow on the right path.

SS,

Congrats man. That is an awesome buck. I had the same question as Wileycoyote. Do you hunt with a bow during the rifle season. If you do you are the man.....

Later,

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back