MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

My 2015 Wy General Muley

Incredible bucks!
Congrats! Does your dad want to come with me a time or two???

Wow! That's a great buck.
I just wonder why you say the hunters that were annoying you were non-resident. I'm sure there were a lot of local hunters in the mix.

I didnt say they were annoying me did I? I was simply stating there was a pile of non residents in there. A few Locals but a solid 90% had out of state plates when I drove out past all of there camps and trucks later in the day. Most of the locals are in the high country chasing elk and tend to avoid the area the first few days of the season for the reasons I mentioned already. Its the same thing year after year. I dont mind non resident hunters at all I usually help them if they are decent when I talk to them in the field, In fact I have helped quite a few of members to this forum on the elk tags and deer tags they drew in the areas I know. If I where to be annoyed by anything it would be all the 2 -3 year old deer strapped to there four wheeler's and trucks but I blame our game and fish for that. We need a 3 pt or better law put in effect again. We used to have that law (4 pt or better actually) and the deer hunting was about as good as it gets on a general tag. The problem with the 4 pt or better was them big trashy mature 3 pts would come in and start passing that trashy gene along.

I didnt say they were annoying me did I? I was simply stating there was a pile of non residents in there. A few Locals but a solid 90% had out of state plates when I drove out past all of there camps and trucks later in the day. Most of the locals are in the high country chasing elk and tend to avoid the area the first few days of the season for the reasons I mentioned already. Its the same thing year after year. I dont mind non resident hunters at all I usually help them if they are decent when I talk to them in the field, In fact I have helped quite a few of members to this forum on the elk tags and deer tags they drew in the areas I know. If I where to be annoyed by anything it would be all the 2 -3 year old deer strapped to there four wheeler's and trucks but I blame our game and fish for that. We need a 3 pt or better law put in effect again. We used to have that law (4 pt or better actually) and the deer hunting was about as good as it gets on a general tag. The problem with the 4 pt or better was them big trashy mature 3 pts would come in and start passing that trashy gene along.

I can truthfully vouch for the fact he helps idiot out of state guys. Also, my buck was 3x2 and would meet that minimum but there was a lot of potential in that region with lots of young bucks. I am proud of mine but can definitely see where a point minimum would be awesome. Thanks for all the help.

I can truthfully vouch for the fact he helps idiot out of state guys. Also, my buck was 3x2 and would meet that minimum but there was a lot of potential in that region with lots of young bucks. I am proud of mine but can definitely see where a point minimum would be awesome. Thanks for all the help.

You guys did good for a couple first timers. That will give you something to beat next year. It is crazy how bad the quality of our deer herd has become. When I was younger we would pass a ton of those 140-155 bucks and we would always end up getting on a few jaw droppers. I start watching these bucks in late July and have most of the bucks in the area pinned down and to find a 180" deer is about like finding a needle in a haystack.

Sounds like you put your time in to get him. Congrats on getting it done. Beautiful general tag buck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back