Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Muzzlebrakes

I have one on a 300 WSM. It reduces recoil for sure but I would never think of pulling the trigger without ear protection. If the gun wasn't so great and the economy so bad, I would probably swap it for a non recoil type.
You could get it cut off or a thread protector (obviously if it's threaded on) for it for pretty cheap. Last cut/crown I had done on a rifle cost $40.

I have a break on my 300 wsm, and I have walked away from the truck on a few occasions without ear plugs. When I shot my Wyoming antelope last year I was with a guy that smoked, so I used a cigarette butt for and ear plug. It worked, just not a good idea to leave your ear plugs behind.

"Operators" ???

I don't know what that is referring to.

I do know the OP is asking about hunting rifles. I'm not talking about long range .50 cals that someone is carrying for antelope.
Scenario: Hunter has .270, can't hit elk at 400 yards. Hunter is bad shot. Hunter moves to .300 Wby to hit elk at 400 yards but hunter needs break to shoot it. Hunter is sissy.

IIRC Breaks Runner has one on the rifle he used for pronghorn this year and he's far from a bad shot (many pics to prove that). Guess you're calling him a sissy... ;)

No, but now I'm calling you a dumbass...

Trying to fill in for Wyodeerhunter?

I don't know what else to call a guy that can't read :confused:

I specifically excluded guys like breaksrunner from my statement and 1 pointer was trying to put words in my mouth to attack me.

No, but now I'm calling you a dumbass...
Thanks!

However, you might want to consider a few things.
1. the post I quoted did not exclude anyone.
2. Breaks Runner did not use a .50 cal for pronghorn, IIRC he used a 338 Lapua.
3. getting some thicker skin if you think my post was an "attack" especially since most posters here realize that this: ;) implies a joke.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back