Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Muley band in the Bridgers

NKQualtieri

My friend Alex and I are guessing that this handsome band of ten gentlemen is the most photog'd in the Bridgers.

But they're still really, really cool. Unfortunately my lens only goes up to 300mm so I didn't get the kind of shots I wanted since they were a few hundred yards out, but still fun. We saw them on our way into the mountains and on our way back out.

We also saw a couple whitetails, a big band of cow elk with nursing calves, and the juvenile golden eagle pictured below. Not a bad ride on our way out to go shooting.

Any Bozemanites know this herd?

Attachments

• bucks.jpg
    bucks.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 770
  • gents.jpg
    gents.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 760
  • hello.jpg
    hello.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 758
  • golden.jpg
    golden.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 756
Nice batch of bucks there for sure. Looks like a spot on the south west side of the Bridgers that my boys and I spent a long foggy weeked looking for bear at this spring. We heard there was some great mulie hunting there. Keep an eye on them, makes for some fun summer photos.

That young eagle certainly has a good set of talons. Not much is going to get loose of that grip. Nice close up.

Thanks guys! I'm going to go back later this week and see if they're still in the same area--they're on private land so just hoping that I can catch them a bit closer to the road :)

That eagle was epic, he was small so from far away looked like a hawk. I was stoked to get up close and see that it was a young Golden. Other than the grey owl, they're most definitely my favorite raptor to catch out here.

Great pictures and nice bucks. I was flying down the hyw last Saturday evening following a Chevy dully pulling six horses and he went right through the middle of 14 bucks. I don't know how he missed them but he did. He didn't even hit the breaks. Lucky. Most the bucks where smaller with one decent 4x5.

Good photos!, the eagle pic is my favorite. One of the many pleasantries of living out west.

There is a nesting pair of Bald Eagles here in Dayton. I like to follow the local photographers especially when they start hatching.

Great pictures and nice bucks. I was flying down the hyw last Saturday evening following a Chevy dully pulling six horses and he went right through the middle of 14 bucks. I don't know how he missed them but he did. He didn't even hit the breaks. Lucky. Most the bucks where smaller with one decent 4x5.

I have hauled a lot of horses and had a similar experience in college hauling ponies from CO to TX. My dad always told me better to stay straight and on the gas than hit the brakes when wildlife are present on the road, so maybe that person abides by the same rule.

Definitely lucky for everyone involved and a wild thing to see!

Good photos!, the eagle pic is my favorite. One of the many pleasantries of living out west.

There is a nesting pair of Bald Eagles here in Dayton. I like to follow the local photographers especially when they start hatching.

I grew up in a small town called New Knoxville about an hour north of Dayton, there definitely weren't baldies there growing up so really cool to know they've made their way back into my home state. The species recovery story of that bird has been really incredible.

And cheers to you from a fellow Ohioan :)

I grew up in a small town called New Knoxville about an hour north of Dayton, there definitely weren't baldies there growing up so really cool to know they've made their way back into my home state. The species recovery story of that bird has been really incredible.

And cheers to you from a fellow Ohioan :)

Not too far from me.... just south of Covington (Pleasant Hill).... cheers right back at ya!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back