Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

MT residents thoughts on Steve Bullock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think he has a chance. There’s so many running, and so many are on the far left that they’ll cannibalize the extremist vote. There are a lot of centrist here in Iowa, once he gets his name out there I think he’ll do alright. He just needs a little time.

I still think he has a chance. There’s so many running, and so many are on the far left that they’ll cannibalize the extremist vote. There are a lot of centrist here in Iowa, once he gets his name out there I think he’ll do alright. He just needs a little time.

I think he's a long shot but it's also to soon to write him off. Biden's up by something like ten points right now and he hasn't been around much. They can only keep him from stepping on his own crank for so long. If/when he goes down things are going to get interesting I think.

Bullock has zero chance of winning the nomination. That is just a fact, to spend a single minute thinking what he would do or not do if he were president is a minute of useless mental exercise that leads nowhere.

Nemont

In politics never say "No Chance" or "Zero Chance". We have a POTUS right now that many gave that same level of respect too.

Tom Miller, gave a guy (you might know him) Barack Obama his endorsement in 2008 election and he went on to big things. He has now gave Steve Bullock his endorsement in Iowa. Miller endorses Bullock

Jon Tester has now gave his endorsement also.

I admit that he is a very Loooooonnnnnnnnggggggg shot to win the nomination, but iin politics nothing is "Zero"

If you subscribe to NYT, here is an article on the topic from this morning's edition - https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/13/upshot/missing-2020-debate-democrats-bullock.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

After the faux pas, or as I called it, "faux polls," the Dems woke up to one morning in November 2016, I am surprised they want to have polls as a critical part of their game plan for 2020. But, as I stated above, the contest for the self-appointed smartest experts in America is a horse race between those running the DNC and the RNC.

Not that excluding/including Bullock changes the national landscape in the Democratic race. Just seeing how the DNC is going about this makes me laugh out loud, not only at their confidence in polls, but also at their unwavering confidence that the changing demographics of the American electorate will allow them to win even with an incurable case of "head in ass" syndrome.

Side note - A part of me is questioning if I live in such a bubble that I am protected from the larger American "urban experience." I say that based on my observations over the last two weeks in Portland, Oregon. That visit does give me pause to consider that the demographic profile the DNC is counting on is found in such great numbers among the urban areas of America that they could prevail in spite of a their permanent "head in ass" syndrome. Suffice to say, my dress code and my Montana smile/wave to strangers, stuck out like a turd in a punch bowl while strolling the streets of Stumptown.

It looks like a clear path forward to keeping my track record of never voting for a Democratic presidential candidate and my recent pivot to Presidential write-in candidates will continue again in 2020.

Last edited:
In politics never say "No Chance" or "Zero Chance". We have a POTUS right now that many gave that same level of respect too.

Tom Miller, gave a guy (you might know him) Barack Obama his endorsement in 2008 election and he went on to big things. He has now gave Steve Bullock his endorsement in Iowa. Miller endorses Bullock

Jon Tester has now gave his endorsement also.

I admit that he is a very Loooooonnnnnnnnggggggg shot to win the nomination, but iin politics nothing is "Zero"

Bullock isn't going to be the nominee. I will guarantee that the chances for him are zero, politics or no politics. He isn't Trump or Obama. He isn't even Brian Schweitzer whom I hated his politics but that guy could fill a room and make you want to have couple of cold ones with him. Bullock isn't that guy.

Nemont

Bullock isn't going to be the nominee. I will guarantee that the chances for him are zero, politics or no politics. He isn't Trump or Obama. He isn't even Brian Schweitzer whom I hated his politics but that guy could fill a room and make you want to have couple of cold ones with him. Bullock isn't that guy.

Nemont
Dudes might not want to have a drink with Bullock, but the ladies would in a heartbeat.;)

I say that based on my observations over the last two weeks in Portland, Oregon. That visit does give me pause to consider that the demographic profile the DNC is counting on is found in such great numbers among the urban areas of America that they could prevail in spite of a their permanent "head in ass" syndrome. Suffice to say, my dress code and my Montana smile/wave to strangers, stuck out like a turd in a punch bowl while strolling the streets of Stumptown.
I know it's not the subject, but my wife and I went to Portland a couple years ago. I have never met a more rude, self centered, entitle bunch of people in my life. I'll never visit there again, at least not willingly. IMO.

It looks like a clear path forward to keeping my track record of never voting for a Democratic presidential candidate and my recent pivot to Presidential write-in candidates will continue again in 2020.

Second write in is brewing... Seems a growing trend.

Nemont
I agree that his slim chances are really close to zero now. No he is not Trump or Obama, and that is a good thing.

Suffice to say, my dress code and my Montana smile/wave to strangers, stuck out like a turd in a punch bowl while strolling the streets of Stumptown.

Used to be a whole lot more smiling and waving here. It’s changed a lot in the last 10 years.

I know it's not the subject, but my wife and I went to Portland a couple years ago. I have never met a more rude, self centered, entitle bunch of people in my life.

We also eat children. 😉

Back on the subject, it sucks about Bullock. He was the only candidate I was pulling for. Can’t believe I may be sending a write in again.

I like some of his positions, but he cannot even get on the first 20 debate in Iowa. Unlike Fin. I have voted for one Democratic for President. McGovern; I really thought he would have been a decent president. I doubt that many on the forum remember him.

I would consider Bullock, but no other Democratic nut.

Based on what we saw three years ago, in a crowded field of potentials the best way to draw attention is to be extreme, an a$$hole, or both.

Bullock is none of those things, and I get the sense that because Trump is so much an out of line a$$hole, the Democratic base is gonna drive their figurative atv around that “No Motorized Vehicle” sign. Feeling justified in doing so because someone else already did it.

It’s gonna be the political version of Newton’s Third Law ad infinitum as long as only two parties exist in the age of the internet.

Bullock is none of those things, and I get the sense that because Trump is so much an out of line a$$hole, the Democratic base is gonna drive their figurative atv around that “No Motorized Vehicle” sign. Feeling justified in doing so because someone else already did it.

Yeah, but he's an a-hole that has gotten some good things done for our country. ;) I think the other candidate in 2016 would have been a complete disaster, as would E. Warren!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back