Caribou Gear

MT Mule Deer episode - 7/29

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Some have asked if I would provide links to the Hunt Talk stories of the episodes when they air each week. Here is the link to the Montana mule deer episode that we aired tonight.

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=261387

I really had no expectation to draw this tag. And when the season got heavily disrupted by my wife's unexpected health issues, I only had a few days to fit this hunt into the schedule. Felt very lucky to get a nice buck in that short time window.

image2 (1).JPG

Watched it tonight and enjoyed it. It was noticeable that no other hunters were spotted in the area. Is that normal for there or due to the cold?
Dan

Something I never hear as am looking through the scope waiting for a time to shoot, "Uh, the battery is about dead on the camera!" Nice extra helping of pressure, there. Good job on the hunt and a nice trophy, too.

Watched it tonight and enjoyed it. It was noticeable that no other hunters were spotted in the area. Is that normal for there or due to the cold?
Dan

We saw plenty of elk hunters, but no other deer hunters. We even pointed out a bunch of elk to guys with tags. They refused to go after them. It would have been less than an hour walk and the drag was all downhill in good snow. Any wonder why a lot of MT elk tags go unfilled?

The cold did have guys hanging close to their rigs. Plus, we were hunting mid-week, which always helps with the crowd situation.

Something I never hear as am looking through the scope waiting for a time to shoot, "Uh, the battery is about dead on the camera!" Nice extra helping of pressure, there. Good job on the hunt and a nice trophy, too.

Yeah, that always adds a bit to the excitement. Second hunt in a row where the cold was giving us terrible battery problems. Batteries go from 200 minutes to dead in the course of a few minutes, when it is that brutally cold.

Absolutely loved this episode, Fin. Chasing big dumb bucks in the snow in that awesome country looks like a blast.

Watching it online. I get the footage and the background music, but no voice? Is it just my computer? I'm not the best lip reader.:p

Still enjoying the episode anyway.

Second hunt in a row where the cold was giving us terrible battery problems. Batteries go from 200 minutes to dead in the course of a few minutes, when it is that brutally cold.[/QUOTE]

Ever try taping those hand warmer chemical packs to the battery?

Quick question, do you allow for change in temperature from the day you sighted in the rifle to the day you are hunting when figuring out the longer shots?

Unfortunately no voices on my end either. Hope they fix it soon I want to watch!

Just the musical rendition here also. You gotta love subtitles.

I wish I would have looked here first before downloading it three times. I figured it just didn't download properly because that happens on other sites sometimes. Hopefully it gets fixed soon though because it looks like a good episode.

The platform that we use for the downloads has been notified. It is getting fixed. Sorry about that.

Any update on when they'll have the sound issue corrected? I want to see you lay down some horn!

Just watched this episode. This is the reason I like Randy's show better than all the rest. Randy hunts public land just like the rest of us and isn't afraid to work hard for an animal. Even the shows where no animal is taken are great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back