Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

MT Late Season Bulls?

Art Vandeley

I've now heard of two confirmed cases of FWP allowing LE Permit holders go shoot their bulls in January. I've never heard of this happening in the past, not to say it hasn't happened. I knew the cow elk "shoulder" season was on-going, but I thought bulls were off limits. Has anyone seen this before? Is it common? These tags were in the breaks region of Montana.

Last edited:
I think that is absolutely crazy considering the season is closed on that LE permit. Heck if I'd known that was an option I'd made a second trip after all the pressure was gone when I had my breaks tag a few years back.😂😂😂

I've now heard of two confirmed cases of FWP allowing LE Permit holders go shoot their bulls in January. I've never heard of this happening in the past, not to say it hasn't happened. I knew the cow elk "shoulder" season was on-going, but I thought bulls were off limits. Has anyone seen this before? Is it common? But these tags were in the breaks region of Montana.
Ive heard the same. This is the district over there that apparently has way more bulls than cows. At the comment meeting in January landowners were concerned about how theres bulls but no cows in their district. Seemed odd to hear folks complaining about not enough cows.

417 is one of the hds it’s been all over Facebook . There’s cows , but they are all on the horse ranch which now has Fwp involved and is letting them do depredation cow hunts now but during season won’t let a soul hunt . I’d let the cows eat everything they got . During season they have 2000 cows on their ranch

It’s definitely no rumor. They’ve been using it in lieu of the game damage Hunt Roster.

Elk are gawdamm vermin I tell you.

It’s definitely no rumor. They’ve been using it in lieu of the game damage Hunt Roster.

Elk are gawdamm vermin I tell you.
Big bulls as game damage? Jesus. And for the guys pulling the trigger. New low. mtmuley

So, who on here would actually pass up the opportunity to hunt bulls in Jan if given the chance?

So, who on here would actually pass up the opportunity to hunt bulls in Jan if given the chance?
I haven’t put in for one shoulder season hunt so count me in as someone that wouldn’t hunt bulls in January and February.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back