MT FWP app

But why did it change I know people that started putting in for sheep tags after I drew one. I don’t have many friends so it wasn’t many. They could have cared less until they saw I had one. Now take that times 100,000 for social media posts.
I remember sending a handwritten check to FWP for damn near 400 dollars for the draw. No internet, no credit card. And they cashed it. Now, 10 bucks per species and you are in. Just click on it. mtmuley

A couple of nights ago I decided to get online and buy my tags and apply for permits. I got it all rang up and it was higher than I was thinking and having recently spent my wad on vacation and tools for the shop, I looked back through it and decided that the unlimited sheep tag was probably unnecessary because I intend to bow hunt this fall for the first time in quite a few years. I dropped the ul tag and applied for limited sheep and saved about $120 bucks. If the limited sheep had been $125 I would not have applied. Sheep just aren't at the top of my list.
I did apply for goat but if it had cost me $125 I would not have. It is about priorities. If my deer and elk tags were $300 a piece I would still buy them. It is not that I can't afford to buy the sheep tag because if I could buy the same limited tag that I applied for at $2500 otc it would be in my pocket.

I think that the cheap up front cost of applying, and the bonus point system keep a lot of people in the draw that would quit with little thought if you had to front the money and had no point system.

so how much more did fwp make by "dropping the price"?
I think the real question is over the last 5 to 10 years with all these "extra" .50 to $15 dollar fees how much more are they raking in....

Seems to be a new one every year

Back