Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

MT 316 Goat adventure

I'll tell you what. One of my biggest hunting regrets was a simple OTC Colorado elk hunt in 2016 when I simply "thought" I had too much going on and did not give it even .00111% of the required effort.

You'll never be sorry for the effort put forth, but you will always regret the effort not given. Fact.

wow, I can't imagine sharing all that personal information to thousands of unknown browsing eyes, but that's just me.....

sounds like you had a great adventure

It's your tag. Yours. Don't be guilted into turning it into someone else's hunt. If you're happy with it that's all that matters.

... but, you will never regret extra effort. The harder you work now the more you'll enjoy this experience in the future.

Don't leave the 316 thread hanging again buddy. I'm confident you will find your way back to the north and finish the job.

They rent snowmobiles and stuff like that in Cooke City. Would be epic to get out and hunt one of those white things in the snow. Don't get yourself kilt though.

Appreciate all the feedback. I rarely generate controversy much less intense disappointment. I think the last time was my senior year of high school when I asked the very pregnant and thoroughly shunned unwed girl to be my partner for a two-act play adaption of O Henry's "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" for a capstone project for Short Story class. I had some goodwill to burn off as was Student Body VP and Editor of the newspaper.

I have zero issue with heading back to Cooke City. But, not with a 4WD with street tires. That was a study in insanity.

Heck, would not be a financial hardship to return. I could likely squeeze out a week away from the desk. What I need is to have a local sort out renting a snow machine or for me to hire a guide with horses. I would be more than happy to tip over a mountain goat and notch the tag so peace love and understanding would play over the radio when the switch broke 'cause it's old.

So, what say ye? I need your big brains and obviously big brass ones to lead me towards the light of notched tag salvation. Strategy is appreciated. Arrows are fine to as I am a big target and happy to play along as we seek the path to correcting the tear in the fabric of time I have created.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back