Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

MT 2014 OTC Bull

Stubaby

Here's a pic of the bull I killed with my general elk licence. Heavily hunted public land in nasty A$$ county. Can't say enough about good glass and determination when it comes to this type of hunting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 1,482
Another pic.......

He was with two other bulls when I spotted him. Long ways of. Did I mention the terrain was a beotch!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 1,486
One more for the road.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 1,495
That is some ugly nasty country when it is littered with burned down fall that is covered with snot-slippery snow. Congrats.

Thumbs up on your bull! Challenging pack out even without all the snow --- my quads are burning just thinking about it. Enjoy your steaks --- you earned 'em!

Stu, that country looks real similar to what I hunted in 2008, 2 yrs after the fire. Treacherous stuff. Nice bull. Hope you had pack animals to get it out.

Great bull and that nasty looking country is awsome. It keeps all the lazy hunters out.

Kids were super stoked to get thier hands on it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 1,081
Then started the putrid-smelling part.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 1,080
Very nice!!

Are you using a water heater element for the boil? I've looked at a few plans for making my own as I have a few skulls in the freezer that need cleaned up.

Congrats! I'd be interested in your boiling setup as well. I'm looking for an easier way to boil my skulls.

It's my buddy's setup. But this is what he says:
"
I used an out door thermometer with two water heater coils ran in series it works really good temp sits at about 180 degrees! Used a pipe fitting with a gasket to attach the heating coils to the drum "
I know it's s 25 gallon plastic drum from tractor supply.

I know it pulls a lot of power because at another friends house the breaker kept blow in when the wife turned the tv on he same line : )

Nice bull. The MT guys on this site do a better job promoting the state than the MT Office of Tourism could do.

Back