Mounts came in

Calif. Hunter

Jorge's, Moe's and my trophies came in from South Africa finally. well, they came in a few weeks ago, but then we had to wait for USF&W to clear them and then for Customs to clear them. I wanted to bring my camera to take pictures of how they packed the shoulder mounts and full body mounts that Moe and Jorge had done, but I forgot my camera! I took some pictures of my stuff, though most of mine are European mounts.

Here is the crate in the back of my truck. It weighed about 250-300 pounds.

crate1.jpg

crate2.jpg

Here is what the inside of the crate looked like when we pulled off teh top. They package everything very well, with mounts attached by screws to the sides of the crate they build for each individual.

crate3.jpg

Here is the red hartebeest in bubblewrap -

packaging.jpg

And here it is - painted by the taxidermist's wife.

hartebeest.jpg

Impala -

impala.jpg

Kudu -

kudu.jpg

Wildebeest -

wildebeest.jpg

Waterbuck -

waterbuck.jpg

Cali, we're friends so I hope this doesn't ofend ya but yer red hartebeest looks gay to me. Maybe it looks better in person ? I love the other Euro's though !!! Sweet pudding pops !!!!

Also, does the Warthog look a little "painted" ? Or is it jsut the picture ? It's a fetching toad for sure We never saw any hogs that were that big.

The eclectic finish on the hartebeast skull is really cool Cali. Nice collection.

Thanks, guys. (Moosie, I think you must have a little "homosexual panic" thing going on there - over-compensating, perhaps? :eek: Do you refuse to wear pink shirts, too?)

I was disappointed with the warthog - it does look painted and the color is off, IMO. It looks a little purple-tinted rather than the real-life grey. There is very little hair on the warthogs, though, so they have to dye or paint them!

I looked at Moe's stuff, and the impalas looked a little airbrushed, too - again, IMHO. The bigger trophies like his kudu, wildebeest and waterbuck looked terrific, though.

How about put the red hartebeast on the wall over the toilet in the bathroom?
It would wake people up and make them pay attention when they're in there.
Its very bright and colorful.

They look great!

If you don't mind, what's shipping on 250-300 lbs from Africa?

Thanks, guys. (Moosie, I think you must have a little "homosexual panic" thing going on there - over-compensating, perhaps? :eek: Do you refuse to wear pink shirts, too?)

No Homosexual Panic, I just like what I like and don't like what I don't like. I not only wear pink shirts, I wear pink slippers in public, You know better then to question me on that :D :D I also don't like the "NEW" silver look on the Euro Mounts that people are doing now too. I just like the White Skull look. Just personal pref on the euro.

I love the Flatskins on the Animals , Especially the Wildebeest. Looking forward to the picture !!

Chris, who went on the same hunt with us, had 7 shoulder mounts and a zebra rug shipped and it was $1300. That's airfreight. (None of us wanted our crates sitting on a freighter's deck, out in the weather....) You do save dramatically on having the taxidermy done over there as long as the quality is high. My total taxidermy bill was about $700, shipping was only about $500 and the broker/customs/USF&W ran another $475. I think Chris said that his total was going to be under $5,000 - all inclusive - for 7 shoulder mounts, a kudu euro mount and a zebra rug. Kudu, nyala, wildebeest, hartebeest and I 'm not sure what else he had done as shoulder mounts.

.....I think my shipment bill on the Giraffe will blow away sending those Teriaki sticks from AK back to Idaho.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back