• 6.5 CM

• 6.5 PRC

• 7mm-08

• .280 Rem

• .280 AI

• .308 Win

• .270 Win

Results are only viewable after voting.
I went back and forth between 7-08 and 308. I love both. I decided on 308 only for the fact that factory ammo in 308 has been easy to get while 7-08 has been a little more on the scarce side. Either would work for me though.

A mountain rifle is suppose to be light. To make it as light as possible it needs to be a short action. By making it a long action you are adding extra weight. Grams makes ounces and ounces makes pounds.

Last edited:
Same class as savage :ROFLMAO:. What is mediocre about them?
Stocks are mediocre, some are just flat out junk. Plastic trigger guards, plastic magazines, undersized magazines, cheap mag retention/release , cheap butt pad, lower quality bluing, hit or miss on a snug recoil lug, and absolutely hate the safety selector.
I honestly do like the Tikka triggers though, I'll give them that one.
This has been my experiences with the ones I've owned... maybe comparing them to a Savage was a little overboard , but I'm just not a Tikka fan. Ymmv

A mountain rifle is suppose to be light. To make it as light as possible it needs to be a short action. By making it a long action you are adding extra weight. Grams makes ounces and ounces makes pounds.
So my rifle isn't mountain rifle. I guess I'll take my other 280AI and that has 27 1/2" lilja barrel and it weights 9 3/4 lbs. Handles pretty good walking up.

I remember TT doing a voluntary recall on a specific batch of Carbide triggers manufactured in 2016/17 . I wasnts aware of any other incidents involving failures or recalls. I have a handful of TT and really like them, guess I better go do some research and make sure none of mine fall under any of the other recalls. Thanks
I had a TT Special that locked up on me. The safety was stuck in the safe position and wouldn’t budge. Luckily it was after I had already killed a buck.
TT replaced it immediately and said they would let me know what the outcome was but I never heard back.

My vote was for the 6.5 creed, 6 creed same story. It's hard to argue against the ammo availability and the shootablilty in a lightweight rifle. Factory ammo is loaded with projectiles that will hang with the big boys in the wind. I'm not really interested in lightweight guns with lots of recoil that I won't want to shoot.

I’ve had 2 700’s, a Model 7, and two Tikkas. They all shot good enough to be considered “accurate”, but one of the Tikkas is under .5 with factory ammo. The Tikka triggers are just better out of the box than the 700’s also, to me anyway. The new 700’s look pretty good and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy either if it was what I was looking for. I have both a 7-08 and a 308. I don’t personally believe there is enough difference between a 150gr 308 and a 140gr 7-08 to fuss about.

If you listed it in the classifieds with a price it won’t last long.
Yeah, the market has dropped since I bought it. I need to throw a price out. Talked with my LGS about it and he has not listed it on his site yet.

Price will be listed at $1200 if anyone is interested.

Yeah, the market has dropped since I bought it. I need to throw a price out. Talked with my LGS about it and he has not listed it on his site yet.

Price will be listed at $1200 if anyone is interested.
$1200 is low. People are nuts about Remingtons now because Remington is no longer in production. I can see this getting $1500 on GB easy.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back