Mountain Lion recipies

maginnis

I took a Mountain lion this year and have it all cut and wrapped. Anybody want to share any good recipies? I thought about making some sausage out of some of it to. Im sure there is plenty of good info on google, but I thought Id try here as well. Thanks

I took a Mountain lion this year and have it all cut and wrapped. Anybody want to share any good recipies? I thought about making some sausage out of some of it to. Im sure there is plenty of good info on google, but I thought Id try here as well. Thanks

One of my buddys made some breakfast sausage from it. Claimed it tasted just like Jimmy Dean's. I found that statement to be untrue.

I've only ever had it in chili. Would have never known any different if I wasn't told but chili probably isn't the best dish to test the flavor of meat. I've had others tell me the meat is slightly sweet.

I had the backstrap just fried up once and thought it was very good. It did have a sweeter flavor than venison.

We made a green chilli and a BBQ pineapple dish off a friend of mines cat from last year and it was pretty damn good. Strange eating cat but what the heck. Thanks for the input I/ll try that sage dish randy11. Thanks for the link

The link Randy provided is very close to one I use routinely, except it has tarragon instead of sage. Gave to my Mom many, many years ago, and now the whole family talks about how good Maga's fried chicken is !

I just turned most of mine into breakfast sausage and it is delicious. I gave away 6 packages after I picked it up from the butcher and now am regretting giving any away. Tastes just like lean pork to me.

Maybe you could experiment on thw neighbor's cat.
:cool:

Our family loves to eat mountain lion. Our favorite cut of course is the backstraps. Lightly dredge in flour and fry in bacon grease with salt and pepper to taste. We me made some breakfast sausage from the trim of my buddies lion and it's great. Leaner than pork sausage so I like to add a bit of bacon grease to the pan when frying. I'd just as soon eat lion as elk.

Our family loves to eat mountain lion. Our favorite cut of course is the backstraps. Lightly dredge in flour and fry in bacon grease with salt and pepper to taste. We me made some breakfast sausage from the trim of my buddies lion and it's great. Leaner than pork sausage so I like to add a bit of bacon grease to the pan when frying. I'd just as soon eat lion as elk.

Best way to tenderize petrified meat cuts?

On a serious note... If Gerald says it taste good, it tastes good. He made spring bear meat taste better than most of my favorite dishes!

Lion is actually pretty tender. I'm sure it makes a difference whether you are eating a 100lb 2 year old versus a 150 lb 6 year old though.

A whole hindquarter brined and smoked then shaved thin makes an incredible ham.

All I know is you have to eat them before they eat you!!! :eek: :D

Right Gerald?!?!

attachment.jpg

Last edited:
Festus, that is quite the picture! I sure hope that lion is in a trap! Yikes!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back