Caribou Gear

Beginner-Mountain Goat Hunting

Well as we all know sadly your chances are slim drawing a tag. Most likely you never hunt them in your life if we play the draw games from the ground floor today. I'd look at WY and ID considering they are totally random draws in the lower 48.
I'd move to Alaska if I wanted to hunt them bad enough while young, spend a while up there and move back possibly in my mind. You could also knock out hunting sheep/brown bear unguided while there.
Understood, thank you for the info!

Like others have said after you’ve spent $ applying for years you could just have purchased a hunt in Alaska. That being said though have you considered a nanny hunt? I know it might be a controversial to some, but the odds are significantly better usually and they live in the same terrain. I can say that my Nanny hunt last year was actually harder than a Billy hunt would have been. I held out for a Nanny with no kid. She measured at 8”. It was an awesome experience so worth the thought at least.

Like others have said after you’ve spent $ applying for years you could just have purchased a hunt in Alaska. That being said though have you considered a nanny hunt? I know it might be a controversial to some, but the odds are significantly better usually and they live in the same terrain. I can say that my Nanny hunt last year was actually harder than a Billy hunt would have been. I held out for a Nanny with no kid. She measured at 8”. It was an awesome experience so worth the thought at least.
Understood! Thank you for the info!!

Wasn't there about goat hunting involving a road closure, shredding a several hundred dollar tent, questioning everything about the hunt? I highly recommend reading that thread if you find it. Pretty entertaining lots of pep talks.

Wasn't there about goat hunting involving a road closure, shredding a several hundred dollar tent, questioning everything about the hunt? I highly recommend reading that thread if you find it. Pretty entertaining lots of pep talks.
Understood, thanks!!

Just out of curiosity......how are your tent shanking skills??? Too soon?? Lol anyway good luck give it hell while your body is still able!!!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back