Mountain House meals cheap

Devil Diver Down

Variety pack of 10 for $40 @ Costco

I'm not a big fan of freeze dried but I think Mountain House meals are pretty decent and the only food I take besides oatmeal on a backpack trip. The variety pack comes with 3 Chicken Teriyaki (never tried it), 2 beef stew (pretty good) , 3 beef stroganoff (decent) and 2 lasagna with meat sauce (my favorite). That saved me about $25 from what I've been paying.

Picked up a couple today at Walmart for $5 each. Not quite as cheap as Costco but still pretty dang good.

As long as it isn't their chicken and rice meal its likely a good thing. Man I can still taste it....

Your spoiled! Too many nice home cooked meals will get you that way.

Even if I didn't have my wifes sweet cooking that chicken and rice meal would taste like poison. Did Jen stop cooking for you?...with as much hunting and trips to AK that your doing this wouldn't surprise me. You better cash in a bunch of Mountain House meals to supplement the few home cooked meals your getting. At 5 bucks a pop that is likely to be cheaper than trying to butter her up with new furniture and what not. What will a man do for a few home cooked meals?

As long as it isn't their chicken and rice meal its likely a good thing. Man I can still taste it....

You aren't kidding. Government shoulda fed those "meals" to prisoners at Gitmo to get info fast. I thought there was something wrong the first time I tried one, so I gave it another shot. Big mistake.

Gave the rest of them to my brother-in-law and never heard a complaint. But he went to U of Arizona, so it's unlikely he can even feed himself. ;)

I'm beginning to think the Chicken and Rice (to quote my daughter) tastes like A$$, I don't know where she gets these sayings. But they are fun to insert in some casual conversations.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back