Most valuable hunting item under $100

Maybe kinda boring but I like my Gunbrella. Screw the base into a tree and I have a roof over my head. Stick it in the ground and I have a blind to hide behind as well as a wind block .
They also make a good pop up blind if needed. I use one or two for that purpose when I hunt with kids in order to hide the wiggles

It depends where you live/hunt.........as my avatar shows, not much flat land except the old deactivated logging roads...and they twist and curve .
don't have a cell phone, just no reception in the islands mountains and even on the north-south highway,lots of dead spots.........
To the list, and I keep some in my 4x4.....BIC LIGHTERS, EMERGENCY CANDLES, cheap rain poncho.
lots of water /gator aid and beef and salmon jerkey.... DSCF0102.JPGDSCF0113.JPGDSCF1901.JPG

I have a pair of lightweight Sitka gloves that are around 15 years old. I wear them all the time, fall trough spring, while hunting, hiking, and walking the dogs. They still are in excellent condition. I think they cost about $30 brand new, and have paid for themselves many times over.

Good headlamp gets a lot of use as well.

If the hunt involves camping (backpack tent, wall tent, or camper), it’d have to be a pair of crocs. Way handier than putting on/taking off boots every time in and out. Weigh next to nothing to pack.

I’ve got three. Kifaru universal gunbearer. Packing my coyote calling rifle around this weekend with a sling REALLY showed me how much I like the gunbearer on my pack.

#2 would be a headlamp because I always end up out after dark.

#3 would be my Alaskan guide creation bino harness. Took a little bit to get use to when I got it a few years ago. Now I’d feel naked without it

Maybe an OnX or GoHunt or Gaia or whatever app on my phone? That really changed the game for figuring out spots to hunt. For better or worse.

Thinking about this makes me realize how much loot I’ve dumped on other pieces of gear. Expensive pack, expensive clothes, Garmin, optics, etc. Not a whole lot under a c-note.
I have to agree with the OnX (assuming you can still get it for under $100). Not only really useful out in the field, but it was more helpful on a recent south Florida driving trip than my wife's Apple maps.

I’ve been thinking about this since this post started. My initial thought was my Marsupial enclosed bino harness which is a touch over budget. But that’s one that I don’t know why I waited so long to buy it. Very well thought out and well built and will last for years.

I haven’t bought trekking poles yet but need to.

Other little items I use more than I ever thought I would: wind checker, headlamp, and OnX.

Most used: mechanix gloves. Wear them all the time when hiking in the cold or when the weather is nice enough. Sized right, I can even shoot well enough with them on, but still pull them off if I have time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back