Caribou Gear

Most valuable hunting item under $100

Hmmmm, must look into this. Not a big fan of slings but using Kufaru pack sling right now. Not perfect but maybe perfect doesn’t exist?
I have sg lower, kifaru upper, and still run a sling on the rifle…

You don't realize how much you appreciate a stove until you don't have one. And building a fire isn't really an option. My other piece of gear is 1/3 of a Zrest pad. It's a butt pad, goes under my sleep pad for protection, and has been used on almost every trip as a meat sling to help keep blood off my pack. A good head lamp is also in the mix

Insulated stadium seat has not yet been mentioned. Ground sitting with back support and cushioning from wet/hard sitting surfaces. I’m sure I’m able to sit still better and if needed glass more comfortably.

And since it’s fairly cheap and I’m way under the $100 limit, I have to say that my shooting stick is inseparable from the cushioned seat. Seated in my ground chair with my shotgun, crossbow or rifle on my sticks, I can have my weapon on the sticks and shouldered with little movement required to be ready to shoot.

In terms of shear convenience for me it’s prob my OnX subscription…and I don’t count in my phone cuz I’d have one whether I hunt or not.

Could be argued that this isn’t strictly a hunting item, but I cannot imagine hunting without a hat. I’m a bald guy, and my ball cap is honestly the first thing I thought of when I read the OP. I’d feel like my ding dong was hanging out without it.

Wet wipes are multi use. Come in handy for post kill cleanup.
You tried the little backpacking rags you just add water? They’re about the size of a piece of trident gum and you can spit on it and it’s a full size dinner towel! They are handy at about 0.99 a piece!!

Alaskan guide bino harness. On short hunts I don't take my backpack knife, lighter, licenses, spare ammo, game calls, range finder, binos, wind checker and pistol or bear spray.

Trekking poles have been a game changer for me. Especially when packing out an animal. Keeps me in the game even after knee surgery a couple years ago.
Wife loves ''thrift-stores''. I tell her, We came to drop off Stuff!!!!
had me wondering around with her......Found a pair of '' carbon graphite'' ski pools for $3!!!!! had a set of little rubber ''boots'' with them......awsome things for those long hill hikes......
ya,I'm into the dang thrift stores now.:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Orth
Back