PEAX Equipment

Most valuable hunting item under $100

Those ATGs are legit I’m trying to get a couple more pairs. I have two currently the fleece lined and the thinner pair..

Did anyone say bullets yet?? You get what you pay for, I’m a recreational BS shooter and try hard- certainly no professional; and I see a pretty big difference just in grouping with shit ammo, let alone efficacy on its flesh-and-bone target.

OnX was a great call.

I always had issues with cold feet, I think a good pair of merino socks go a long ways for me. I actually have some alpaca socks I got for Christmas that I’m excited about but haven’t had cool enough weather to try them yet.
come visit

Every year at hunting season one of the big box stores sells 2 inch thick foam pads for the hunting
stand types. i carry a couple for glassing. one to sit on and one to lean back against

For me, because I'm on my feet and always on the move, usually in wet or snowy or cold conditions, Muck Boots are the most valuable gear I own. I can usually get Muckmaster model for around a hundred bucks. They make fancier stuff but I will wear out just about any boot made in a couple of years so what's the point. Warmer models are heavier (+ more expensive) and simply not necessary for me. I hunted pheasants and deer last year countless days when the temps hovered around zero F and never had a problem with cold feet wearing Muckmasters. I typically wear one pair of socks but nothing special. Key is staying on the move.

I bought this daypack at the local university book store and it's seen a thousand miles hunting. It has a lower strap that buckles across my abdomen to keep it from flopping around and also helps relieve weight on shoulder straps. I maybe paid twenty bucks for it twenty-five years ago. Long ago it lost its waterproof capability but I just make sure vulnerable stuff (like TP, fire starter, and map) goes in ziplock bags. I actually bought this one because it's red. When hunting big game I prefer to be visible to other hunters (but DO NOT like hunter orange). Not very glamorous but highly serviceable. I have no doubt it will last me to the end of my hunting days. This is actually quite a small daypack. I should have added something to the photo like my rifle for perspective.
20230116_153941.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve had both and this one is even better. @andrew11 introduced me to it this year. View attachment 260995
Gees! Six cups of coffee for fifteen bucks (plus shipping)? That's three bucks a cup ... and no sexy barrista to ogle while waiting in line. When I'm cold and wet, Folgers Instant hits the spot just as well. Fifteen bucks probably buys a truckload of that crap.

I bought this daypack at the local university book store and it's seen a thousand miles hunting. It has a lower strap that buckles across my abdomen to keep it from flopping around and also helps relieve weight on shoulder straps. I maybe paid twenty bucks for it twenty-five years ago. Long ago it lost its waterproof capability but I just make sure vulnerable stuff (like TP, fire starter, and map) goes in ziplock bags. I actually bought this one because it's red. When hunting big game I prefer to be visible to other hunters (but DO NOT like hunter orange). Not very glamorous but highly serviceable. I have no doubt it will last me to the end of my hunting days. This is actually quite a small daypack. I should have added something to the photo like my rifle for perspective.
20230116_153941.jpg
I’m trading in my Stone Glacier for one of these.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back