Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Most valuable hunting item under $100

Please elaborate on this.
Had to google search that. It’s a two-part thing. One is the stud, the other is the adapter. Seems you need both.

Basically, it is an adaptor that allows you to trip-pod mount your binoculars - which is a great idea on its Own.

Had to google search that. It’s a two-part thing. One is the stud, the other is the adapter. Seems you need both.

Basically, it is an adaptor that allows you to trip-pod mount your binoculars - which is a great idea on its Own.

It’s also rock solid attachment AND convenient to take off and put on. The stud permanently attaches to your bino, with the adapter on an arca-Swiss plate to attach to your tripod.

Worth the money.

It’s also rock solid attachment AND convenient to take off and put on. The stud permanently attaches to your bino, with the adapter on an arca-Swiss plate to attach to your tripod.

Worth the money.
A few of my friends have one of these and it was on my radar before that. Seemed handy when I heard about it. Even handier in person! I think I’m getting one from my bride for my birthday this year. 😁

I’d have to go with my Buck knife followed closely by merino wool socks and base layers. In the past two years I have been wearing gators almost exclusively and they have made a huge impact on overall comfort. Another <$100 item that I take when elk hunting is a Frogg Togg rain jacket that doubles as a wind breaker.

Last edited:

Worth the money.
I’ve got the $15 knock off coming in the mail tomorrow. Not sure how well it’ll work.

Then again, if you’ve never driven a Lexus then a Corolla feels like it drives just fine.

Updated list!😉
1) Trekking poles
1b) Dead Down Wind wind scout
2) Onx
3) Crazy creek chair
4) Kifaru gun bearer
5) lightweight beanie/skullcap to put under hat on chilly mornings
6) Head lamp
7) SNACKS!!!
8) gaitors in wet or muddy weather
9) Ibuprofen/acetominophen
10) Bic lighters to start the MSR Windburner stove
11) Nitrile gloves in kill kit
12) 1st Aid kit
13) Whistle
14) Survival blanket
15) Compass (in case you are stranded/lost/hurt and lose ph battery).

Last edited:

Worth the money.
Anything outdoorsman always triggers my “cheap assness” nerve. Guess I need to just try some of their crap sometime

Tie for me between my Gun Bearer and trekking poles with Wiser Precision Quick-stix. Together they make me much more mobile and functional.

Let’s lighten it up a little. It seems the off-season has some people looking for a fight.
What is an off season?;)

Mine is a Mora knife, cost me £12 ($15) bright orange handle and sheath almost impossible to lose, but you do its cheap to replace

Gerber knives.
My everyday clip knife was put to service when I could not find my Gerber replaceable blade last year.

Looks like I broke the very tip off my very old Uncle Henry digging out ivories last year.

Anything outdoorsman always triggers my “cheap assness” nerve. Guess I need to just try some of their crap sometime
Tricer USA has a very similar product for $50. Haven't abused mine yet so I'll hold off on a full-throated endorsement, but it holds the binos very securely and the base is arca swiss compatible so you don't need a plate.

What is an off season?;)

Mine is a Mora knife, cost me £12 ($15) bright orange handle and sheath almost impossible to lose, but you do its cheap to replace
If you can find carbon steel blade Mora, they are much easier to put a blade on. Gotta keep them clean though (rub with vegatable oil after washing). Blade on mine looks kinda ugly now but it is sharp. I also have one in stainless and it is sharp enough but I have to work at it.

Gerber knives.
My everyday clip knife was put to service when I could not find my Gerber replaceable blade last year.

Looks like I broke the very tip off my very old Uncle Henry digging out ivories last year.
I don't know about Uncle Henry but Scrade's "Old Timer" = crap. I stuck with the one Dad gave me out of nostalgia for way too long. It was the skinner design. A ball peen hammer would pull the hide off a deer quicker. But it was about the safest knife I've ever owned. Not sure if falling off a building onto the blade would wound me.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back