More wolves

Wonder how many unborn calves were aborted being chased through fences by those "St. Bernards"? Maybe...all of them?
I guess we can add that DAU to the list of low calf recruitment units. Would that be unit 49?
Yeah that road she is on splits 49 and 50 and they look to be on the 49 side. The 50 side is mostly open sage brush land

A proper investigation would entail getting out in that field and find each place the St (WOLF) Bernards crossed the fence and get all the hair samples possible and submit them for DNA testing. Then get photos of all available footprints with a ruler in the picture for size and measure the stride of these canines.
Where there any kills found from the Elk herd? An honest investigation would give the correct answer to the question by providing evidence not opinion.

Dan

It's actually the Sheriff's office that said that, and I think it's interesting that we have seen nothing official from CPW on the issue (unless I've missed it).
Good call out, I guess I still wouldn’t have been surprised if they did. It does seem a bit presumptuous for that sheriff to confidently say he knew by that video.. They did say CPW investigated by doing a fly over and didn’t find evidence of wolves or injured or dead elk.
That said.. I would have liked to see something like ‘CPW walked out to the exact location to look at the sign’ etc etc.

I sent an email to CPW yesterday to ask a question and they got back really fast with an answer. Lets see what they say when I ask about wolves by Fairplay this morning.

They are doubling down on it being dogs from my answer from CPW.
So I asked about locals taking out the dog pack chasing elk, waiting for response on that.

Hello,

Upon investigation by the local sheriff's department and Colorado Parks and Wildlife, they have determined the animals were a group of St. Bernards.

Respectfully,
--
Bradley Gabrielski
Communication Center Wildlife Coordinator

License, Reservations & Customer Operations section

Reactions: Oak
Wonder how many unborn calves were aborted being chased through fences by those "St. Bernards"? Maybe...all of them?
I guess we can add that DAU to the list of low calf recruitment units. Would that be unit 49?
Actually, the wolf place in Woodland Park had an escapee a couple years ago, that's a lot closer to Fairplay than Wyoming. I bet that nutty lady is letting them loose again. At any rate, those sure as heck aren't St. Bernards :ROFLMAO:
Yes to GMU 49, along the highway that separates it from unit 50. One current rumor in/around Fairplay is that the Woodland wolf sanctuary escapee was a pregnant female and this is her pack.

1651596550171.png

This is just an absolutely comical claim. I really don't understand why they're trying to cover this up? Everyone knows there are wolves in CO. As Oak stated earlier, there have been numerous documented incidents of wolves all over the state for 20 some years. Anyone who has ever watched a Yellowstone documentary can see even in that grainy video that is a spot on loping/bounding motion that wolves make while running in the snow.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back