More wolves

i'm in disbelief that this is actually the so-called "official explanation."

i'm really not sure i believe it.

i've not exactly spent much time looking at wolves in the wild, but i agree, i've never seen a dog bound like that in the snow.

I'm really curious. If there was doubt or question, wouldn't it be reasonably simple to find hair where they had to slip under the <assumed> multi strand wire or snow from rubbing between, tracks, follow the tracks back for scat or other traces of hair?
Has there been a report, pics of the tracks, etc that would place the final nail in the coffin whether it's a pack of St Bernards or wolves?
From what I've gathered reading about wolves allegedly in Colorado, seems this would be a simple conclusion for a significant sighting(?). Why the mystic mystery?

Edit: CPW flew over the area in search for dead elk or the pack... heck, a whoopload less expensive to simply walk across that field and snap pics, take specimens - I would think(?).
Regarding the loose St. Bernards:
"The dogs’ owner also “confirmed the five dogs were running loose” at the same time the “wolf” sighting occurred."
I see the coincidence though a simple jaunt across would knock this out of the park...? Heck, is it less expensive to conduct flyovers vs walk?

Last edited:
I'm really curious. If there was doubt or question, wouldn't it be reasonably simple to find hair where they had to slip under the <assumed> multi strand wire or snow from rubbing between, tracks, follow the tracks back for scat or other traces of hair?
Has there been a report, pics of the tracks, etc that would place the final nail in the coffin whether it's a pack of St Bernards or wolves?
From what I've gathered reading about wolves allegedly in Colorado, seems this would be a simple conclusion for a significant sighting(?). Why the mystic mystery?

Edit: CPW flew over the area in search for dead elk or the pack... heck, a whoopload less expensive to simply walk across that field and snap pics, take specimens - I would think(?).
Regarding the loose St. Bernards:
"The dogs’ owner also “confirmed the five dogs were running loose” at the same time the “wolf” sighting occurred."
I see the coincidence though a simple jaunt across would knock this out of the park...? Heck, is it less expensive to conduct flyovers vs walk?
Could be private property that the "wolves" were on? Might not be that easy just to go look for tracks/hair. Just a thought.

I have seen literally hundreds of wolves in my lifetime. I have watched them chase elk from my office window. Though it is somewhat grainy and zoomed way in, nothing in the video gives me the impression that those animals are wolves. They are way too low to the ground compared to wolves, if you have never seen them, their sheer size is striking. Their feet are moving way to fast compared to a wolf. Wolves cover ground with ease, these animals are struggling, like they are running in sand. Their tails are also wrong, like someone else mentioned, they look "fluffy" and disproportionate.
This is just my personal impression, but remember, these people are the same ones that think every picture of a reddish-brown black bear is a grizzly.

I got another response from CPW and now they are saying the sheriff says they were dogs but they are still investigating.

My response to his first email was, so I guess CPW took samples to know for sure and now locals should be able to take out that dog pack chasing elk ?
Later he got back with the "Sheriff said they were dogs", CPW is not sure yet.

I have seen literally hundreds of wolves in my lifetime. I have watched them chase elk from my office window. Though it is somewhat grainy and zoomed way in, nothing in the video gives me the impression that those animals are wolves. They are way too low to the ground compared to wolves, if you have never seen them, their sheer size is striking. Their feet are moving way to fast compared to a wolf. Wolves cover ground with ease, these animals are struggling, like they are running in sand. Their tails are also wrong, like someone else mentioned, they look "fluffy" and disproportionate.
This is just my personal impression, but remember, these people are the same ones that think every picture of a reddish-brown black bear is a grizzly.
I went back and watched more closely a couple times yesterday and ended up less convinced than my first impression, at the same time I was no more convinced they were St Bernards. I still think they look more like wolves than dogs or yotes.

Snow is not too deep here and they certainly move with ease.

Little deeper here and more struggle and lope.

Again, similar loping in deeper snow.

St Bernards seem so bulky in the shoulders and head compared to OP video.

Why you gotta pick on Greentree like that...

Oooooh that video of them chasing the bulls…. how do the wolves not get completely destroyed by a mustang kick to the face. I imagine some do. Hazardous living in nature.

“The track sample documented at the site measured 4-4.5-inches in length.”

“Although some dog breeds can have tracks greater than four inches in length, in general, if a four-inch or greater canid track is observed, the probability that it may be a wolf is increased.”

Found some 4.5 inch long canine tracks over here. Found some dog hair over there. Conclusion: domestic dogs. Oh ok, sure.

"The collected samples were submitted to a USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) laboratory for genetic testing. The results came back on May 5, all confirming it to be a domestic dog."

Why publicly comment they did aerial surveillance and make no mention they collected blood, hair, urine, and print samples and sent to APHIS for analysis, as we questioned earlier. Then, when they have quality Intel, wait an additional five days to release this info to the public?

Glad to hear this is resolved. Now... Samples from Sasquatch been sent to APHIS or merely witness statements? 😂

Back