More opinions

That is not for man to decide. Best thing to do is sequester them from society forever and let them face their judgement in the afterlife.

Killing this guy, especially publicly, would be giving him exactly what he wants: martyrdom.
I don't believe, so I'm not burdened with that sentiment.

I don't care if an execution is public or not, I'm able to decide for myself to view or not.
 
I agree that there are crimes where a death sentence is the "best" punishment. But the court systems and juries are fallible and innocent people have been found guilty and executed in the past. IMO that is enough for me not to support the death penalty.
Unfortunate collateral damage. It's still worth washing the baby even if the water gets dirty.
 
So those doing the raping to the rapist...how are they better than those that raped the victim? Further, you volunteering for the job?
You don’t have to rape them but there’s but plenty of people already in jail who’d like the opportunity.

 
Prosecutors have a record to maintain so they have incentive to negotiate a guilty plea. Just human nature. I think negotiating should be handled by a 3rd party with no skin in the game. That said.
Punishment should not be negotiable. Too many times heinous folks don’t get what they deserve. I’m thinking Holmolka.
I would prefer expedited trials, sentencing, appeals and death.
Don’t televise that stuff. Nothing good could ever come from it, never.
 
First saw it on the TV series Vikings. I'm of Scandinavian decent so really enjoyed the series.

I know this wasn’t where you were going with this, but it’s interesting to note that no Scandinavian countries have the death penalty as far as I know (I believe for like 100+ years).

If I recall, there was a mass shooting in Norway somewhat recently in which the shooter got a shockingly-short prison sentence.
 
I'm also fine with the execution and frustrated that it has taken so long since the crime.
The idea of making it viewable by the public is a bit sick. I'm not for that.

Actually - A .22 behind the ear right when they caught him would have been the right thing to do.
 
That my friend, is completely messed up and antithetical to being an American.
Where do you draw the line? Should we have to pay for monsters for the rest of their natural lines? Is that American? Should be potentially imprison innocent people for life rather than put put them to death?

I think as a society we have become so "tolerant" it is now our downfall.
 
Unfortunate collateral damage. It's still worth washing the baby even if the water gets dirty.

Can you expand on why it is acceptable to end the life of an innocent person in hopes that it deters future criminals or punishes society to some extent? Trying to follow along here.
 
I guess if it was handled over 10 years ago when there was a different President some of you wouldn't have anything to complain about.
 
I guess if it was handled over 10 years ago when there was a different President some of you wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Definitely still have an issue with a televised execution for the spectacle of it under Obama. Just like many of the other things that Obama did that I disagree with.
 
Back
Top