Caribou Gear

More Fun Than Stomping Kittens

I think these guys have it figured out. Hard to tell length from those pics, as this is one of those deceiving bucks that hooks back. I would guess him around 14.5", but really hard to tell.

As far as mass, I would give him around 12" for the bottom two, prongs of 5.5", and top mass totals of close to 6".

What's that total? Looks like 76", or close to.

I would say he is a shooter, with no doubts. Get him on the ground, and let's find out. Hope you get him.

Using a decoy is piss you pants fun. Absolutely no skill or credit due in judging size, as I was not gonna drive to Wyoming again and was chasing anything that moved. Just turned out well:D

He was 182 yards when I put up the deke. He charged into 15 yards frontal, then spooked a bit out to 25 broadside.

P1010359.jpg

P1010376.jpg

Shameless plug for Fin

P1010393.jpg

Sweet buck! Great top mass. Gimme the numbers, please, for my future reference. PM is fine.

13 4/8 13/5/8 length
6 2/8 6 3/8 Base
7 6 7/8 2nd
4 2/8 4 2/8 3rd
2 7/8 3 4th
5 3/8 5 4/8 prong

Just what was ordered. 78 2/8 net green

Last edited:
Great goat! Thanks for sharing the pictures...just picked up a Mont Goat Decoy! Hopefully it will work as well as yours did!

Awesome buck Dink, especially so that you took him with a bow. Congratulations!

Very nice!!! I'd love to give that a try, but most of the places I've chased pronghorns using a deke like that might get you perforated.

Twice in one day as a matter of fact. Next time bring a iron and board.

here's the 2nd one out of that deke in one day. self defence shot. Came running in. Could hear his hooves from 80 yards out. 20 yard shot. maybe 40 yard recovery. First time I ever did a frontal shot. The buck passed by at 12 yards, then I drew. He lost sight of the 'intruder' buck as he got even with the deke and it dissapeared. Buck turned head-on so I settled the pin and let it fly. complete pass through front to back.

Was cool that dinkshooter was positioned on a rock ledge 20 feet above me and saw the whole show as I set up at the point of a ridge 212 yards from the nearest doe and popped up the decoy. Was set up such that I did not have much of a view of anything but the nearest doe which was checking the decoy and walking my direction. Whispered to dink, "What do you see?" to which he said "HE'S COMING!" And he was... on a dead run when I looked up again.

What a blast.

Attachments

• P1010402.jpg
    P1010402.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 201
  • P1010416.jpg
    P1010416.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 213
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads