Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Moosie's 2008 Adventure in Africa...

nice circus animals, but you saved the best one for this February:D it will be the most fun as well.;) so, did the ground shake when that thing piled up?

can see it now. christmas time. all the decorations are up. and here is Moosies giraffe neck in the front window, all lit up. just like the leg lamp from the movie, a christmas story.

Moosie, that mount does look good.

Hey Moosie,

Have any of the taxidermists around here ever mounted a Giraffe?? Who is doing all your African critters??

Well, I made it back after 21 days in SA and had to check up on Moosie....Great hunt dude! Pics are super.Lotsa nice animals! The two Impala are frigging awesome.
You kilt a pore lettle G-raffe?!?!? Me too! I like your mount idea better than what I did as I couldn't figure out where I would put a neck mount. I had the neck skin made into a scoped rifle case and a shotgun case and the rest of the skin is the carpet in a guest bedroom...barely fits! Them suckers are fun to watch run, wobble and take forever falling! I got mine in Zim in 2002. Lemco Conservancy was going to start culling them because of drought and gave me a 50% deal for $800. Worse meat, filets, I ever ate but it wasn't aged but about 8 hours since we were changing concessions the next day.
My Afrikaans friends consider Gemsbok liver stuffed in the rectum liner a true delicacy. I agree but they only eat Kalahari Gems liver...say it doesn't taste right when killed in all the concessions they have been transplanted too.
I got a buddy who went with me in 2002 that has a full body Ostrich mount. Sumbeech is nine frigging feet tall. Shot him like a turkey, in the face with 12ga #5's. Half the workers on the farm came to watch! He was an attack Ostrich and had chased workers and put one in hospital. Put dents in both bakkes! We drove to within a hundred yards, my buddy got out and started walking toward him and the Ostrich ran at him and stopped to posture at 20 yds---dead ostrich!
I'll start another thread for my fun trip report.

Leaving out the Big 5...I think the Giraffe is wayyyy coool. Good job. There's a guy in Missoula with one mounted, shoulder mount. SHoulders on the ground, neck arches up real high then head is down about 6 feet off the ground...maybe 7... He's got a lot of african stuff and the giraffe and the zebras are the coolest mounts he has...

Looks like a great trip Oscar...congrats...now get to work to pay off the BILLS!hump

Ernie

For those that think hunting Africa is like driving thru your local zoo and shooting something different ever 100yds, I invite you to hunt Vaal Rhebok and Klipspringer in the Eastern Cape mountains near Graff-Reinet or free ranging East Cape Kudu in the mountains near Cookhouse. Or you could track buffalo in Zim for 8km to 12km per day for weeks in the hills, thorn and Jess of Chirisa or Matetsi 6....the ellies and lion you stumble on are not circus animals and are generally not amused!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back