Moosie's 2008 Adventure in Africa...

Congrats on the Hunt Moosie!
looks like a good time.

Caption for kissing picture=
Moosie: come on, it'l be a funny picture !

Guide: ok I'll do it, but if you try and slip me the tounge I swear to God I will punch you right in the mouth!

Who The #*^@#* Would Shoot A Girafee?

And who would marry a Queer ? But you boyfriend sure did. Hey 208, Who would shoot a bear over bait :D

I've gotten a few comments about the Giraffe. Poor old Toy's R US mascott. YADDY YADDY YADDY. I don't need you guys to like it, I wa sthe one the bought it. And I would do it again in a heart beat. (Not shoot another one but if I had the hunt to do over again I would shoot it).

It will make a great talking piece in the house and I dont know many people that has ever seen one up close. the mount will be cool.

the Ostrich ? I think it was $600ish ? not sure. It wasn't on the Menu so I didn't really look it up. they were a great addition to see as you were driving around though.

the guy I was pretending to kiss was Ladd. He is the one posting te video and took the video of the cheeta. He went jsut to take pictures and He was a great addition to the hunt. I think out of all of us he had the most fun. it's like going woth a buddy on a sheep hunt were you have no preasure on killing anything but just able to enjoy everything around you.

The rifle is a 375HH. I'm not sure any more then that. My PH Blickies had the gun and let me use it on the Giraffe hunt. I used my 300 win mag on the rest of the hunt.

Not that he needs any excuses, he does'nt, but a giraffe was a most sought after prize in the "Golden Age" of African Big Game hunting. Anyone who goes to the Dark Continent has a right to play out of their own pocket and screw the thoughts of some losers. John

The giraffe is cool. A local buddy went last year and took a giraffe. He says you aint seen nothing go down till you've seen a giraffe go down. He's getting a rug made.
Congratulations on a great trip, I'm sure the dark Continent wil never be the same.

I've eaten some of that midsize ostrich, i.e. emu, before but my buddy took his bird meat, i.e. little ostrich (rhea, $90), back to Oklahoma with him so I didn't get to taste it. It looked like a dark meat, more than like a chicken or quail.

So, how long is the neck on the girafe, say x ft? That's the main problem on putting a mount somewhere. Put it kind of diagonal accros a wall, then x*x=2*a*a and you could cut the height of the mount to a ft, if the wall was also a ft long, according to Pythagorus.

I've eaten some of that midsize ostrich, i.e. emu, before but my buddy took his bird meat, i.e. little ostrich (rhea, $90), back to Oklahoma with him so I didn't get to taste it. It looked like a dark meat, more than like a chicken or quail.

So, how long is the neck on the girafe, say x ft? That's the main problem on putting a mount somewhere. Put it kind of diagonal accros a wall, then x*x=2*a*a and you could cut the height of the mount to a ft, if the wall was also a ft long, according to Pythagorus.

:confused::D:D:D:D:D:D

Any hunter worth his salt must possess the ability to compute trophy quality via Euclidean geometry.:cool::D

Here is the Mount (Somewhat) that I'm thinking about.

giraffe_mount.jpg

not bad looking, but I think it would look better up against a wall.... maybe with one of those velvet 'sad clown' picture's hanging next to it......a more natural kinda thing.

It looks great! In a regular house, a=8 ft, so 2*a*a=128 and x=11.3 ft. So the girafe neck could be 11 ft long and it fits diagonal accross an 8 x 8 wall, approx.

Damnit, now you've given me the the itch to go to Africa.......thanks Moosie!! Those are some killer pics and cool animals, especially the giraffe. Did you eat any of it??

The one I saw was a floor mount....the base of the neck sat on the floor. It stood straight up...the one you posted looks alot better!!!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back