Caribou Gear Tarp

Moosie's 2008 Adventure in Africa...

Did you hunt 1x1 or 2x1? We went 1x1 just to avoid any issues or hard feelings about "wasting" our time in Africa chasing down something the other guy wounded. We debated about it a lot, since a lot of the fun comes from hunting together. Since there were 3 of us, one would have had to hunt solo anyway and we decided we could share experiences each evening.

Jorge and Moe shot blesbok, but I decided I didn't want one. Something about the white faces reminding me of herefords... ;)

Yah, the Gemsbok were cool. I really liked that and the Kudu, which I passed on both on this trip. It was jsut getting a little too expensive.

Brent took a nice Kudu and he was the only one that killed a warthawg. Thats why there was no Hunttalk hat on it ;)

whog_brent.jpg

kudu_brent.jpg

One of the smaller animals anyone took was the Springbok. Here was mine. while driveing back to camp we ran into the other guys so we all jumped in for a picture :

blesbok1.jpg

blesbok2.jpg

Cali. We hunted 2:1 and 1:1. There was 5 of us with only 4 hunters and 3 PH's. Ladd was there jsut for pictures and he took turns going with different people. We actually all swapped up every day to have experiences with each other . It was a good time. I think a Little Video is going to hit this thread in a few. I jsut talked to Ladd and he's uploading it to Youtube.......

Crikies Mate, I think we have some Comitary from the Croc hunter :D :D

Ladd was there jsut for pictures and he took turns going with different people. We actually all swapped up every day to have experiences with each other . It was a good time.

dude did you goto a gay strip joint or africa?

Well, I did buy a Gay Mens magazine and put it in Ladds carry on baggage in hopes they would find in going through customs. Unfortunately they didn't and I had to point it out to him in Denver before we got on the plane to Boise. It was Funny as Hell to see his reaction :D Everyone was like "What the heck is that Ladd?!?!" but we were all in on the joke. You have to love friends and good jokes ;)

since I'm not getting to the stories quick enuf, I'll post a couple more pictures :

Go big or go Home......

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

g4.jpg

g5.jpg

HOLY CRAP!!! I'd say you went big. That is a beautiful giraffe. Can't wait to hear the story on that. Are you thinking a full body mount???;);)

He is not thinking about a full body. He has a plan to have half it standing next to his half of an elk.

Nice job on the critters Oscar. What camera did you end up going with? Pictures look really good.

So, let's assume money isn't a factor. Between Alaska, New Zealand and Africa, which one would you go back to first?

would have paid good money to see the look on his wifes face when he told her about that giraffe being mounted and put in the living room.........PRICELESS!!!

WOW so what kind of price tag did that long neck have??? where on the body did you shoot it ans how many times ??

Great animals, the giraffe is prehistoric! That is one of the best rugs. Hunted with a fellow from Alabama who has a Whole Mount of one! It is sitting to say the least!!! Great trip to all and we can't wait for that video. You done good! John

You guys took some great animals. Those impala are extremely nice!

What did ya shot the big beast with? I hear they like to 'hunt'. :)

Moosie shoots a gigantic giraffe because he's trying to compensate for something....

His new pickup line should include something like, "Hey, do you want to see my giant giraffe?"

Good job to all who went and stacked up on the African game. Very nice, I must admit.

Frickin' hillarious. Leave it to Moosie.

I can see a whole new series of threads on this one:

a. Life on the porch - by Moosie
b. I now have weekend "in house" privleges - by Moosie
c. My Dad finally ticked off my Mom - by Little Moosie
d. Taxidermist needs to expand his shop to complete my giraffe - by Moosie
e. How my husband got a mortgage for his taxidermy bill - by Mrs. Moosie
f. I kicked out my renters so I would have a house for my critters - by Moosie
g. How I made my husband beg - by Mrs. Moosie
h. How to find hunting happiness and stay married - by Moosie

Great job Moosie. I hope the fact that we are all jealous makes it easier to tolerate the certain thrashing Mrs. Moosie is currently administering.

Very cool.

Back