Caribou Gear

Montana Primary???

I struggled with the choices in the primary. The phoney ads keyed to getting the sportsman votes are tough to swallow. The constant ads showing the animas river that was created by the EPA because they consistantly refuse to hire a mining contractor to reclaim mining properties to do the job correctly.

As an independant, I would like to have choices on both sides of the aisle but democrat/ communist side is so closely alligned with the environuts that there are few to no options. The recent Park county anti-mining insanity by the entire congressional delegation resembled and unholy alliance between the environuts and the rich elites who didn't want the idea of industry contaminating their playground even though the laws and technology are in place to ensure the mistakes of the past are not repeated. (I spent a career developing and teaching minimal temporary impact methods to small miners.) I experienced more interferance due to politics than science.

The only initiative campaign I wish to see is " a none of the above" vote at the bottom of each position vote. Often the choices bring nothing to the table or only negative options. In conclusion to my Sunday morning rant, I will support anyone for governor that will bring FWP back to science in wildlife management rather than license sales and large rancher management. It's time to fix the wreck.

their playground
The recreational landscape for many of us neerdowell Montanans ... and others.
democrat/ communist side
Although I too identify as an independent, the mischaracterization by the term "communist" stirs resentment and adversely reflects on the user of the term as hyper political and not well educated.
created by the EPA because they consistantly refuse to hire a mining contractor to reclaim mining properties to do the job correctly.
Now you say something of educated and experienced substance and with opinion for positive change.
The only initiative campaign I wish to see is " a none of the above" vote at the bottom of each position vote. Often the choices bring nothing to the table or only negative options. In conclusion to my Sunday morning rant, I will support anyone for governor that will bring FWP back to science in wildlife management rather than license sales and large rancher management. It's time to fix the wreck.
I think many sportsmen and women of Montana agree. Well expressed; thank-you.

Did my masters degree in upper Emigrant. If that's your 'recreation area' with no possible chance of fisheries due to natural acid rock drainage, vertical cliffs, and no wildlife I suggest broadening your scouting. Two drainages south of there in placer creek is much better but it's a little long on grizz sign when I was there last. Be careful with the cabin at the upper end of the drainage. The oven was full of dynamite and the warming ovens above had the caps in 1974.

Don't remember much in six mile either and flew that with a helicopter every day for two weeks in Sept. Gov't job.

(I will NOT vote for a democrat!!!)

I've never understood why someone would limit themselves to only 50% of the field when the choices for a good candidate are already difficult to find in the entire selection of candidates.

This whole election season already has me thinking back to the old southpark skit between a turd sandwich and a giant douche 🤮

I've never understood why someone would limit themselves to only 50% of the field when the choices for a good candidate are already difficult to find in the entire selection of candidates.
While open primaries are a great value, they still limit the pool to ONLY R, D, or in this case, G...
We are still forced to route through only one chute. Can not choose a D for Gov, an R for Senate, etc...
With that, open Primaries are good over the alternative though still limited.

50% is what we have until the actual election, unfortunately. As mentioned above, would sure be nice for a MT citizen to vote for one in each category for open primaries (title of this thread).

Kathleen Williams is F rated by the NRA according to the NRA-PVF web site. That's all I need to know.

Debra Lamm is in favor of public land transfer - told me so herself at a campaign event. That's all I need to know.

Joe Dooling's web site is silent on the question of public land transfer.

John Evankovich doesn't even have a web site that I could find.

Mark McGinley's web site doesn't speak to public lands at all.

Matt Rosendale's web site claim's that he has come around to a position of No Federal Transfer of Our Public Lands. Have no way of knowing if he will now stick with that position or not.

Perhaps someone can summarize for us what Corey Stapleton's position is on public land. Having been on the land board I would have to imagine that his stance is clear, but it isn't stated on his web site.

Overall, not a great group to choose from.

This whole election season already has me thinking back to the old southpark skit between a turd sandwich and a giant douche 🤮

It's very understandable given what the Democratic party has become.

Kathleen Williams is F rated by the NRA according to the NRA-PVF web site. That's all I need to know.

Debra Lamm is in favor of public land transfer - told me so herself at a campaign event. That's all I need to know.

Joe Dooling's web site is silent on the question of public land transfer.

John Evankovich doesn't even have a web site that I could find.

Mark McGinley's web site doesn't speak to public lands at all.

Matt Rosendale's web site claim's that he has come around to a position of No Federal Transfer of Our Public Lands. Have no way of knowing if he will now stick with that position or not.

Perhaps someone can summarize for us what Corey Stapleton's position is on public land. Having been on the land board I would have to imagine that his stance is clear, but it isn't stated on his web site.

Overall, not a great group to choose from.

Secretary Stapleton is no friend to public lands, or the people who utilize them. His tenure at the legislature wasn anti-conservation & anti-access, siding with privatizers. His term as Secretary of State has been a series of bad votes on land issues, while working to undermine large easements that provide permanent access.

Rosendale is likely the winner here. In a contest between him and Kathleen Williams, I'm gladly going to help Kathleen Williams work to get elected. I've known her for over a decade, and she's nobody's token anything. She's smart, thoughtful, has rural understanding & supports family agriculture as well as strong conservation programs. She's the real deal.

It's very understandable given what the Democratic party has become.
Each party has changed over the years. Maybe it is the downside of a two-party system, but it is self-sustaining. All I know is the RNC has a core belief on their platform that Federal lands should be transferred to the states. So the original question is like asking for the name of a good plumber when you have an electrical problem because you have excluded ever hiring an electrician.

Secretary Stapleton is no friend to public lands, or the people who utilize them. His tenure at the legislature wasn anti-conservation & anti-access, siding with privatizers. His term as Secretary of State has been a series of bad votes on land issues, while working to undermine large easements that provide permanent access.

Rosendale is likely the winner here. In a contest between him and Kathleen Williams, I'm gladly going to help Kathleen Williams work to get elected. I've known her for over a decade, and she's nobody's token anything. She's smart, thoughtful, has rural understanding & supports family agriculture as well as strong conservation programs. She's the real deal.

Cory Stapelton is about the most eager beaver lightweight politician that has come down the chute. There is no office he won't seek. It would be a sad day if he some how got elected to congress.

Williams can expect both a contribution and a vote from me. I met and visited with her the last time around and found her to be smart and thoughtful.

But hey, we elected Gianforte. I wonder if there is single thing he can point to having accomplished. He did push getting rid of wilderness study areas,, absent any meeting open to the general public. He would only confer with like minded county commissioners and such.

I understand viewing Democrats with suspicion with respect to gun rights. It amazes me that Republicans get such a pass when it comes public land policy with hunters.

Looks like G is in though counts still kickin... Interesting how tight a race Whitney and Cooney has drawn. Still many to count.

Edit> I missed the check mark Nameless caught. 36% and G's already captured the R primary.

Screenshot_20200602-210218.png

Last edited:
Governor: Cooney v Gianforte

Senate: Bullock v Daines

House: Williams v Rosendale

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member