Montana Primary???

This is definitely true.
I’ve never really been a big champion of the ‘access to the voting booth’ and all the stuff you hear about making it easier to vote. Of course I think any attempts to stop people of a certain class or race or anything like that is an abomination, but I fully support some kind of barrier of entry other than having a pulse, to vote.
Representative democracy only functions properly when an engaged and informed populace participates.
There ought to be some kind of a test. I don’t mean writing a thesis on constitutional theory, just a few simple true/false or A/B questions;

John F Kennedy was;

a) the leader of the confederacy in the First World War

b) a US President.

Brazil has two seats in the US senate;

True
False

If you can’t answer things like this, you don’t need to vote.

How do the donations made by JBS factor in for #2? I think I am ok with saying false, but unsure of my reasoning. False since they contribute to more than 2 senators/super pacs. Or false since they just indirectly have seats/votes.

This is definitely true.
I’ve never really been a big champion of the ‘access to the voting booth’ and all the stuff you hear about making it easier to vote. Of course I think any attempts to stop people of a certain class or race or anything like that is an abomination, but I fully support some kind of barrier of entry other than having a pulse, to vote.
Representative democracy only functions properly when an engaged and informed populace participates.
There ought to be some kind of a test. I don’t mean writing a thesis on constitutional theory, just a few simple true/false or A/B questions;

John F Kennedy was;

a) the leader of the confederacy in the First World War

b) a US President.

Brazil has two seats in the US senate;

True
False

If you can’t answer things like this, you don’t need to vote.

I think it is safe to assume that people who can't answer those questions are not likely to vote.

I have knocked on doors for a couple of politicians and it never ceases to amaze me the percentage of people who have no intention of voting. Some are totally unaware there is even an election occurring.

The primary results were enough to convince me to pick up my NR Native deer/elk combo this year instead of just birds and fishing. I want to hunt some of my old country again before Gianforte takes the war on elk to a new level.

You're in a wayyy better state for public land elk hunting...you'll miss Montana less and less every year.

I quit buying NR Native elk tags in Montana several years ago, and haven't regretted it one bit.

You're in a wayyy better state for public land elk hunting...you'll miss Montana less and less every year.

I quit buying NR Native elk tags in Montana several years ago, and haven't regretted it one bit.
I’ve already been missing it less and less. Last fall was finally my first year as a resident and hunting my general elk tag was so fun it felt like it should have been illegal. Hunted 3 days total, shot a six point bull and I saw more elk than I did the last few years combined in Montana.

I still love that country though, and I miss it, even as bad as the elk hunting has become.

Should GG win I would hope he couldn’t make any worse choices for FWP Director then Bullock did twice but I could also see Jersey saying “Hold my beer”

Back