Caribou Gear

Montana on the Upswing?

Montana, has, a, CWD problem. But yet in 12 pages of bitching and crying about not being able to drive down the road in Billy jo bobs truck and shoot that monster 400 inch buck from the road I have not read 1 post that
Puts some of Montana's deer hunting downward trend on part of the cause and that is CWD,
IT'S, here and only gonna get worse, now that it's been found in our elk moose and deer herds, brace yourselves our elk & moose herd is, about to
Take a plunge
Glaf, we hunt 100% private
Now, I, feel, a, little, bit, dumber

Some people read the internet too much and listen to all the negativity.first I went to Montana this year for the first time and have never been there before and killed a 160 inch muley 1000 yards from a highway...

Some people read the internet too much and listen to all the negativity.first I went to Montana this year for the first time and have never been there before and killed a 160 inch muley 1000 yards from a highway...
Don't think that's a normal hunt in Montana unless your on private or guided leased lands.
I've hunted the state most every year since 99 minus a handful of years and have taken one over 160. We hunt our a## off also. Just not there any longer hardly. I've drawn tags the last two years and turned them in last minute. Think I may be done there muley hunting unless things change.

Montana, has, a, CWD problem. But yet in 12 pages of bitching and crying about not being able to drive down the road in Billy jo bobs truck and shoot that monster 400 inch buck from the road I have not read 1 post that
Puts some of Montana's deer hunting downward trend on part of the cause and that is CWD,
IT'S, here and only gonna get worse, now that it's been found in our elk moose and deer herds, brace yourselves our elk & moose herd is, about to
Take a plunge
The deer population was trending down long before they found cwd in 2017 and 11,000 doe tags in r 7 is doing more to hurt than cwd currently . I too am glad you hunt private .

Take a plunge
Wyoming and Colorado have had CWD for over 50 years, and most here would agree they tend to produce more and bigger bucks than MT.

“Biologists are already out looking at the herds and if they got too big they may change the structure of the season” 😂😂 Shoulder seasons for deer maybe?

Wyoming and Colorado have had CWD for over 50 years, and most here would agree they tend to produce more and bigger bucks than MT.
Saskatchewan and Alberta have had CWD for probably the same amount of time but....... they continue to produce the biggest mule deer in the world. In Saskatchewan not everyone gets a rifle tag or muzzle loader tag however you can get a archery tag every year. Their season isn't 11 weeks long, only special permits get to hunt the rut, no non resident can hunt Saskatchewan for mule deer. The list goes on and on. All while dealing with CWD that's NEVER going away. 🤷‍♂️

Saskatchewan and Alberta have had CWD for probably the same amount of time but....... they continue to produce the biggest mule deer in the world. In Saskatchewan not everyone gets a rifle tag or muzzle loader tag however you can get a archery tag every year. Their season isn't 11 weeks long, only special permits get to hunt the rut, no non resident can hunt Saskatchewan for mule deer. The list goes on and on. All while dealing with CWD that's NEVER going away. 🤷‍♂️
Right on. If you talk to them they are in their glory days as well.

You should have seen what it was like 30 years ago. Had you been able to do that you would better understand where many on this thread are coming from.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back