Montana General Deer vs Permit Applications

No one with 2 pp was denied . Fact . If they say so they are lying or made a mistake . The random draw is for people that had 0 points .... if people in the pp draw drew with 1 it’s impossible for anyone to be denied with 2 . Fact
Where does your info come from. I’ve been researching relentlessly, and can’t find anything beyond last years stats.

Where does your info come from. I’ve been researching relentlessly, and can’t find anything beyond last years stats.
@BuzzH ??? @mtmuley ??? @Big Fin ??? Any input or info on my question? Maybe anyone from GoHunt???

Am I doing my research wrong and not understanding the 25% drop down in the preference point system?? I’m truly trying to learn how all these systems work and now I’m confused

@BuzzH ??? @mtmuley ??? @Big Fin ??? Any input or info on my question? Maybe anyone from GoHunt???

Am I doing my research wrong and not understanding the 25% drop down in the preference point system?? I’m truly trying to learn how all these systems work and now I’m confused
Sorry Derek, I'm a resident and don't know squat about the NR draw. mtmuley

Sorry Derek, I'm a resident and don't know squat about the NR draw. mtmuley
Thanks!! Apparently I don’t either😂😂. I’ve been researching a bunch, and I thought it was basically in line with WY, as far as how they did the draw. Now I’m at a loss. Thanks for replying though

Thanks!! Apparently I don’t either😂😂. I’ve been researching a bunch, and I thought it was basically in line with WY, as far as how they did the draw. Now I’m at a loss. Thanks for replying though
I do know 240 is a bitch to hunt though. Glad that member got his tag, but he better bring his A game. mtmuley

It is, and yes some did draw with 1 once it filtered down to random, but there are also parties with 2+ that did not draw. To my understanding, 25% of all the tags in the draw filter down to random. So even people with zero have a “chance” I may be mistaken, but this was my understanding in my research.
You are correct. We cannot calculate the point break by the fact that some with 0 or 1 points drew, as they may have drew in the random draw. Until FWP releases the draw data, nobody knows where that point break occurred.

If I had to guess, most of the 2 point holders drew. A few might have not drawn. Those who drew with 0 or 1 would have drawn in the random. I say that based on the trends of how it was going and the demand across the west this year. Again, until we get the draw data, what I mention is purely a WAG.

FWIW, I successfully drew a limited entry archery only elk tag in Montana without having not only a general license, but without having a bow stamp or bow Ed cert or anything… I had to do my best to expedite that process in order to use said tag… as long as you’re within your date parameters I can’t see why you’d have to have general first…

FWIW, I successfully drew a limited entry archery only elk tag in Montana without having not only a general license, but without having a bow stamp or bow Ed cert or anything… I had to do my best to expedite that process in order to use said tag… as long as you’re within your date parameters I can’t see why you’d have to have general first…
NR and R draw are completely different

You are correct. We cannot calculate the point break by the fact that some with 0 or 1 points drew, as they may have drew in the random draw. Until FWP releases the draw data, nobody knows where that point break occurred.

If I had to guess, most of the 2 point holders drew. A few might have not drawn. Those who drew with 0 or 1 would have drawn in the random. I say that based on the trends of how it was going and the demand across the west this year. Again, until we get the draw data, what I mention is purely a WAG.
Thank you Randy. I was pretty sure that all unsuccessful applicants had a so to speak “second chance” with the tags that went down to the random part. I appreciate you helping clarify that.

Incorrect. In Montana the only random draw is for non pp holders . For NR . No 2 pp holders were denied a big game combo it’s not possible if guys with 1 drew

Thank you Randy. I was pretty sure that all unsuccessful applicants had a so to speak “second chance” with the tags that went down to the random part. I appreciate you helping clarify that.
He’s wrong . The only random draw is for non pp holders .

For big game combo , no one with 2 pp was denied . U guys need to re check the regs and draw . Good grief

Take a freaking chill pill bro

Wound8timestootight is correct though, the 25% of the licenses allocated to a random draw is only for people who have not purchased a preference point. However stupid the system is.

There it is!! I started to look through the MCA yesterday but got cut short with some other obligations. Thanks for the direct link to the section needed. That might be a game changer, especially now that MT has doubled the cost of their preference points. Thanks again and have a great Independence Day Weekend!!

It seems dumber than hell to me the 25% random draw is ONLY for someone who has not purchased a preference point. If number of applicants continues to increase this could really screw folks with one point.

It seems dumber than hell to me the 25% random draw is ONLY for someone who has not purchased a preference point. If number of applicants continues to increase this could really screw folks with one point.
My thoughts exactly. It will basically turn your first point into a $100 donation just to possibly get into the points draw the following year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back