Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana General Deer vs Permit Applications

Elk 270-45
Deer 240-51

We both got our tags purchased, and are good to hunt now.

This was definitely our mistake. I’m glad it worked out though.
Shoot, guess this is gonna be the new hack then? Apply for some unlimited permits then get an “OTC” NR Combo!

I get the whole “read the regs” argument, but also really surprised that FWP’s site didn’t have a safeguard in place for this.

PS: Enjoy your hunt!

I wonder if FWP would have done it this way if they had somehow drawn LE tags that weren't 100% draw i.e 270 buck or 380 bull elk.

I posted this in a similar thread about elk general tags/permits as well. Figured I'd put it in here for either a different point of view, or different insight...

My cousin, and I applied for Montana LE elk, and deer tags with out fully understanding the process... yes this was a mistake. We didn't apply for the General Elk/Deer tag.

We actually were drawn for the same HD. However we did not apply/get General Elk/Deer tags. From my understanding this shouldn't of even been possible. So now we have specific HD permits but no general tags making us ineligible to hunt this year.

I called Montana FWP but have not heard anything back yet.

Are we SOL?
Yes, you are SOL for sure.

Well ok . I’m sorry but that’s f’n bullsh’t : good for you I really do hope you have a good hunt but it’s not right
The legislature already ponied up up to 3000 additional tags for outfitted clients that didn’t draw, so this actually comes as no surprise to me. Do I think it’s right?!? Absolutely not. Better luck to me next year after coming up empty handed on the draw this year even with preference points. Haha. Wish I would have thought to find a 100% LE app to put in😂😂

Best of luck to the OP though!! I have to agree with wllm. It’s nice to see some things fall to the benefit of the common man.

The legislature already ponied up up to 3000 additional tags for outfitted clients that didn’t draw, so this actually comes as no surprise to me. Do I think it’s right?!? Absolutely not. Better luck to me next year after coming up empty handed on the draw this year even with preference points. Haha. Wish I would have thought to find a 100% LE app to put in😂😂

Best of luck to the OP though!! I have to agree with wllm. It’s nice to see some things fall to the benefit of the common man.
Good luck in the draw next year . But you couldn’t have had preference “points” or you would have drawn , 2 was 100% draw . You must have had 1 like me . Anyways , good luck to all

Good luck in the draw next year . But you couldn’t have had preference “points” or you would have drawn , 2 was 100% draw . You must have had 1 like me . Anyways , good luck to all
I did only have one. Haha. Mistyped. And my partner came up against glitches in the system on deadline that wouldn’t submit his party app so I didn’t get the benefit of his additional “points”😂😂😂. I’m curious now though that you say 2 was 100% draw, and there are threads on here with multiple people that had 2 points and didn’t draw, and comments on GoHunt articles that said they had 2 and struck out. Is it all jaded misinformation, or is FWP system really that screwed up???

Anyway… best of luck to you next year as well!!!

Where did you find your statistics for the 2021 draw??? I’m struggling and can’t find anything beyond 2020???

Where did you find your statistics for the 2021 draw??? I’m struggling and can’t find anything beyond 2020???
I should have been more clear . The MT big game combo was 100% draw with 2 points . I personally know several people that drew with 1 . That means 2 was 100% . It’s pref point system. I promise you , big game combo was 100% with 2 points

I should have been more clear . The MT big game combo was 100% draw with 2 points . I personally know several people that drew with 1 . That means 2 was 100% . It’s pref point system. I promise you , big game combo was 100% with 2 points
It is, and yes some did draw with 1 once it filtered down to random, but there are also parties with 2+ that did not draw. To my understanding, 25% of all the tags in the draw filter down to random. So even people with zero have a “chance” I may be mistaken, but this was my understanding in my research.

It is, and yes some did draw with 1 once it filtered down to random, but there are also parties with 2+ that did not draw. To my understanding, 25% of all the tags in the draw filter down to random. So even people with zero have a “chance” I may be mistaken, but this was my understanding in my research.
No one with 2 pp was denied . Fact . If they say so they are lying or made a mistake . The random draw is for people that had 0 points .... if people in the pp draw drew with 1 it’s impossible for anyone to be denied with 2 . Fact

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back