PEAX Equipment

Montana Antelope Hunt

----

We were really fortunate that the area we hunt missed out on the bad winterkill that most of the rest of Eastern MT experienced.

I had the least amount of time, so was first up shooting, and took this buck out of the first herd we got on Saturday morning.

026Copy.jpg

030Copy.jpg

035Copy.jpg

I probably did this buck a favor, he had a really bad abscessed tooth, and it was obvious he wasn't getting enough food down.

I hunted the rest of Saturday and Sunday with my dad, and was really impressed with the size of bucks we were seeing. The wet spring seems to have made for awesome horn growth, as we saw 5-6 bucks noticeably bigger than the one I killed.

Camp-
040Copy.jpg

Some of the country we hunted-
045Copy.jpg

My brother showed up Sunday night and I had to take his car and head back to the real world. All I've got so far is crappy cell phone pics, but the buck my dad ended up killing looks a little better than mine, and the one Barry killed looks significantly better. I'll get some pictures up of theirs when they get back tonight.

Great hunt, Randy. Looks like it wasn't as sloppy out east as it was around here. Congrats to you, and your family. A great buck, for sure.

Thanks guys, just went and took a look at the other two.

Buck pile!
024Copy-1.jpg

The pictures I got were deceiving, and Barry's buck was about the size of mine. Really old buck though with a huge head on him.

Dad's buck ended up being a lot bigger though, right at 14 with pretty good prongs.
Pretty cool too, I'm pretty sure we saw this buck on Saturday and dad passed a 300 yard shot with a bad crosswind. Holding off paid off.
013Copy.jpg

Sorry for the really poor pictures, but I promised some tonight. If I get anything better I'll post them.

Congrats Randy,
Does that buck with the red tape have horns that curl in opposite directions. If it does, thats very cool.
Either way, sounds like you guys had a great weekend.

They both go back and in, just different angles. He looked to good to let him go when I saw him, then he made the mistake of sitting around. A crappy cell pic of the wife with it, my digital was MIA on this hunt so it's all I got.

Attachments

• 1011111055c.jpg
    1011111055c.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 426

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back