Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

MLB

The NL central was trash this year.

Also, they’ve got sh*t for payroll for these up and comers once they become something. Wasted loads of money on Braun … looking like wasted loads of money on Yellich. I could go on for days.

The only thing they did right was get rid of Hader this season.

This is a cherry on top of all the other problems baseball faces. Chief among them is the interminably slow pace of play. Games last forever. The game has evolved into one of walks, strikeouts, homeruns and pitching changes.

I am a lifelong fan but they are not enticing me to keep the baseball package on Direct tv.

I’m anxious to watch some real games with the new rules in place. Did y’all see this 20 second strikeout? 🤯

Toronto not looking sharp at spring training. The scrubs they are trying out don't look very promising. Japanese pitcher threw very well the other day. We will see. Last year he was stellar early on then crashed and burned. Sent him down for a while. I don't understand why Merriweather is still second string. That guy can play defence all over the field and is a hitting machine. Move him to lead off and find someplace else for Springer. He's more of a slugger than a consistent hitter. Maybe #2 ... oh wait, that would upset Bichette (= blue ribbon prima dona).

I’m anxious to watch some real games with the new rules in place. Did y’all see this 20 second strikeout? 🤯

Yeah, the new rules will make the game a lot less boring. I didn't realize pitchers only have two chances to pick off a base runner. Good rule! Should be a lot more attempted stolen bases. Catchers will become an even more important part of defense. These rules will open the door for some new tricks, that's for sure. Should be interesting.

The league will take a big hit for lost advertising. Games are now barely two hours long. Lot less commercials.

The championship game for the World Classic was sure worth the price of admission for anyone who paid it (not me). Otahmi(sp) from Japan is the most talented player to ever put on a uniform. Helluva slugger, can steal bases almost at will, great outfielder with strong arm ... that can go to the pitcher's mound and throw 100+ mph strikeouts! Is he a switch hitter? That would be the only thing missing from his arsenal. Amazing.

Bold statement
I think I backed it up well enough. Ruth initially was a half decent pitcher but couldn't move fast enough to steal a base even if the catcher had two broken arms. This Japanese guy is unbelievably versatile. He's good at everything. A helluva athlete.

Otahni may not be the best ever, but he is the best active player. That strike out of Trout to win the game the other night was impressive. Struck him out with three 100 mph fastballs. I was pulling for team USA, but after the first swing and miss I told my son that he was going to strike him out.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back