MLB

There’s no better sports experience than watching a baseball game in person. I like watching minor league games too. It’s much cheaper to take the family and it’s always fun. I think it does help that I played growing up. There’s so much strategy in baseball. It helps to have played to understand it. I think it’s much easier for a visual fan to enjoy football, which is why it’s so popular. As others have said, there’s just something nostalgic about baseball. My first sports memories are watching Braves games on TBS with my dad.
I'm luckily moving to KC in the next few weeks so I'll be able to enjoy the Royals. They may not be my main team, but I grew up with them and my family loves them, so I'm fond still. Plus, Kauffman is great. Any chance I get to watch baseball I'll take.

I'm luckily moving to KC in the next few weeks so I'll be able to enjoy the Royals. They may not be my main team, but I grew up with them and my family loves them, so I'm fond still. Plus, Kauffman is great. Any chance I get to watch baseball I'll take.
Fellow royals fan here. I’m optimistic…they are slowly building a great team. Might be a year or two away, but if some young pitchers outperform, they could be decent this year.

I hate to say it, but I think the Dodgers are the team to beat this year.
They'll be good, but I doubt they win the World Series. I think the Jays or the Mets will. Neither of which I'll be disappointed about -- except if they beat the Orioles to get to it

Not a fan of the rich arguing with the richer but I'm happy to have another baseball season to follow. There's a single A team the next town over from us, always affordable fun to watch a few games every year.

I have to blame my dad for why I'm a dodger fan, but I have to say it was great as a kid being able to listen to Vin Scully call games almost every night. We are centrally located in California and the local tv stations only played the Giants games, but I had a walkman with AM radio on it so I spent a lot of nights going to bed listening to the game.

Last edited:
I’m looking forward to the season , the Phillies have pumped up their hitting attack , I just hope someone will catch the ball. Dodgers and the Mets are both loaded as are the Blue Jays !

Not a fan of the rich arguing with the richer but I'm happy to have another baseball season to follow. There's a single A team the next town over from us, always affordable fun to watch a few games every year.

I have to blame my dad for why I'm a dodger fan, but I have to say it was great as a kid being able to listen to Vin Scully call games almost every night. We are centrally located in the California and the local tv stations only played the Giants games, but I had a walkman with AM radio on it so I spent a lot of nights going to bed listening to the game.
I don't fault anyone who grew up being a fan of something, even if it's the Dodgers. It's way better than bandwagoning. My dad grew up a Clemente fan, thus loved the pirates. It's hard to justify nowadays, but he loved watching games with his grandpa out on the farm.

Likewise, I'll never forget watching the Rockies growing up so I'll always be a fan of them.

even if it's the Dodgers. It's way better than bandwagoning. My dad grew up a Clemente fan, thus loved the pirates.
Roberto Clemente! I had his Rookie Topps. :) Along with Steve Garvey, Steve Sax, Mike Socia, Ron Cey, Even had a Don Mattingly Rookie card! etc... I was a Dodger fan. Cousin's pop's had season tix each year, first base seats. Dodger Stadium! It was GREAT back in the day!

And this is how we communicate in Washington D.C. 🤦🏼

And this is how we communicate in Washington D.C. 🤦🏼

Situation Normal All SwearJarred Up

embarrassment turned humor... Dwell on the fun and all is well. :) Modified and full fledged word slush funds filled! FREE HUNT TALK BEAR HUNT - ALL INCLUSIVE! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Enjoy - Don't dwell :

Tough being a Boston sports fan.
Do I watch early season Red Sox, playoff Celtics,playoff bound Bruins?
All about balance. ;)
This must be the converse of being a Detroit sports fan. But it has been fun following Miggy’s quest for his 3,000th hit.

This must be the converse of being a Detroit sports fan. But it has been fun following Miggy’s quest for his 3,000th hit.
Very much something to get excited about^^^^!!
It has been pretty special to watch that guy through his career.

Anybody watching baseball lately. I’ve been watching every Braves game that I can and listening to some games on the radio. They are hot! I’m hoping they can repeat as champs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back