Mississippi Public Land Buck

Southern Elk

Hey guys, I know this forum is geared more towards western hunting, but I thought it's about time that I contributed. We love hunting national forest lands down here too. I caught this buck slipping through a hardwood bottom. This makes 3 bucks for me so far this year. One in Montana and two in Mississippi. Our rut is about to really get kicked off. We are allowed 3 bucks per year, so it's only a trophy buck or does for me from here on out.

Attachments

• IMG_1677.JPG
    IMG_1677.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 446

VAspeedgoat

Awesome job, I've hunted in Georgia, assume its pretty similar. Do you have to focus on water oak acorns? That's what always seemed to be the ticket when I was at the in-laws.

Southern Elk

Awesome job, I've hunted in Georgia, assume its pretty similar. Do you have to focus on water oak acorns? That's what always seemed to be the ticket when I was at the in-laws.

They really love white oak acorns here. We have a variety of oak trees though.

JohnCushman

I just hunted in Arkansas recently and it was a whole different world compared to what I'm used to here in Colorado or even what I did growing up in upstate NY....my legs are still scraped up from the briars :D

280rem

Nice buck! I'll be heading to Alabama in a couple of weeks hope to see one like yours