Militia takes over wildlife refuge headquarters

Unfortunately John, I don't think it has donned on the lemmings back here to the east that it is actually their land too that these rancher thugs are trying to confiscate and abuse. They don't realize that federal ownership of land has prevented it from being hacked, mined, polluted and capitalized to death. It is very unfortunate that most of them have never been west of the Mississippi and know nothing about land or wildlife management. I may be wrong, but I believe the government "took ownership" of these lands because they were unsettled and they were worried about the exact things I mentioned happening to it way back in the 1800s if the land was privatized. Was this not why the BLM, USFS, etc. were created in the first place?

The Oregon Territory was established in 1846, as federal land. The land was then either sold, given away, transferred to states upon admittance (and as a condition of admittance into the Union, states forever gave up rights to claim more public land), or held in trust by the Federal Government.

The Oregon Territory was established in 1846, as federal land. The land was then either sold, given away, transferred to states upon admittance (and as a condition of admittance into the Union, states forever gave up rights to claim more public land), or held in trust by the Federal Government.

Thanks for the clarification Ben

Thanks for the clarification Ben

I should have finished my thought. That's what happens when I get distracted with fresh Sanka in the pot.

The agencies were formed to help manage those lands in the early 1900's (Forest Service) and later (BLM was in the 1930's I believe). Other agencies came along to help with wildlife ,etc, because of exactly what you had mentioned - unmitigated development, abuses on the range, rustling, etc.

The history of federal land management is fascinating. A good place to start is with the Ken Burns mini-series on the National Parks, as well as the many books on TR's legacy of landscape conservation.

Here are some interesting insights into the background of the Malheur protesters. Kind of a strange connection to Mormonism.

http://www.opb.org/news/article/exp...lar-brand-of-mormonism/#.VoqeaYmK8iI.facebook

Much like the radical islamists who practice jihad in the name of Allah, the nitwits who are in Oregon have bastardized scripture to justify their selfish political ends.

If I was the leader of their congregation you can bet there'd be a disciplinary counsel convened to look into excommunicating them.

More conclusions:

(6) If you are a Militia supporter and you find your most worthy causes to be the likes of Cliven Bundy and convicted arsonists, I conclude your are an ass clown looking for trouble and if you find trouble I'm not too inclined to worry about the outcome.

Thanks for summing it up so nicely, Big Fin. Hope you don't mind if I borrow this quote.

Block the roads so they can't get food delivered and cut the power, sounds simple to me

I should have finished my thought. That's what happens when I get distracted with fresh Sanka in the pot.

The agencies were formed to help manage those lands in the early 1900's (Forest Service) and later (BLM was in the 1930's I believe). Other agencies came along to help with wildlife ,etc, because of exactly what you had mentioned - unmitigated development, abuses on the range, rustling, etc.

The history of federal land management is fascinating. A good place to start is with the Ken Burns mini-series on the National Parks, as well as the many books on TR's legacy of landscape conservation.

I read this book recently.........very fascinating.
http://www.amazon.com/Elers-Koch-Forty-Years-Forester/dp/0878423788

I always think of the movie "Open Range" as well as others of men who might of developed the land with blood and sweat that really was never theirs and the conflicts that arose when others then came to use the resource too.

They had these sweet heart deals any of us would love to have for so long they have lost sight of what a great deal they had and just wanted more, to be above reproach to the true owners.

The Hammonds to me are nothing but scum poachers with a burr up their saddle against anyone else to use the federal resource besides them.

This militia group, have they identified themselves? What are they a militia of? Who do they think they represent?

Great recommendation BHR. One of my all-time favorite books by one of my all-time favorite Montanans.The early Forest Service and Montana at the turn of the century were fascinating.

I can't remember if it is in Forty Years a Forester, but Elers Koch wrote an essay for the Journal of Forestry in 1935 called, "The Passing of the Lolo Trail". It is a solid perspective on that country.

There is a video trending on YouTube of one of these clowns saying "goodbye" because he doesn't plan on making it back from this. While making this video he is clutching a copy of the Constitution... it makes me sick to see these sociopaths use the Constitution to support their "cause". These people want nothing more than to see the whole world burn. Sadly all the fringe groups out there will jump on the bandwagon and before you know it the media will find a way to say these a$$hats represent the conservative majority, in an election year of course... Can we drop a dome over them like that TV series and let God sort it out?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back