Militia takes over wildlife refuge headquarters

Just saw article in Alb. Journal and letter Sen. Heinrich posted on facebook & in Washington Journal calling for action against these idiots (my term).
Maybe someone not as PC challenged can post it.

... it was called the National Guard...
At one time there was a self-appointed "Montana Militia" leader from around Thompson Falls. MG Gene Prendergast, Montana Adjutant General, visited the so-called leader at his "militia" recruitment table at the Helena Gun Show and explained that the only legitimate Montana Militia is the Montana National Guard. MG Prendergast also explained that he had been appointed by the Governor and endorsed by Congress, with a State mission and a Federal mission as the recognized leader of the State Militia to fulfill duties on behalf of the citizens of Montana and the citizens of the United States. He respectfully requested that this self-appointed "militia" no longer refer to themselves as the "Montana Militia". Apparently his visit was effective, as the rhetoric of that element soon thereafter became very quiet.

They are even pissing off the Paiutes.

Bundy Militia Post Video Of Themselves Messing With Native American Artifacts

The Paiute fear that the artifacts could be damaged as well, prompting the tribe to send a letter to the U.S. Attorney and the U.S. Department of Fish and Wildlife Service demanding the ranchers be prosecuted if they “disturb, damage, remove, alter, or deface any archaeological resource on the refuge property.”

“I don’t know what these people are doing if they are doing things to just get a rise or to be martyr—all they are doing is making enemies out of the people they professed to support,” Charlotte Roderique, chairperson of the Burns Paiute tribe,” told Indian Country Today Media Network. She previously explained that the tribe has entrusted the refuge with protecting its cultural rights.

What a ridiculous take on stored artifacts. The "rightful" owners who crafted and used those arrowheads and other items are long gone. The artifacts were likely found on the American people's federal land refuge and stored until Lavoy Finicum can appear before Congress and get enough funding allocated so that the Malheur Native American Heritage Center can be established and the additional money for personnel can be added to the BLM budget to complete the work involved.

In the meantime perhaps the Mickey Mouse Militia can volunteer to clean, sort, organize, and store the artifacts and contribute the necessary time and effort to do something useful. I would even donate coffee and snacks for them.

What a ridiculous take on stored artifacts. The "rightful" owners who crafted and used those arrowheads and other items are long gone. The artifacts were likely found on the American people's federal land refuge and stored until Lavoy Finicum can appear before Congress and get enough funding allocated so that the Malheur Native American Heritage Center can be established and the additional money for personnel can be added to the BLM budget to complete the work involved.

Is that just how you feel, and the way you think it *should* be, or is that actually the law? I'm not familiar with the specific Treaties and laws which govern the relationship with these Paiutes and the U.S. but I know of other cases where your post would not apply. If we are going to hold up the law as something Bundy must abide, we can't in the same breath wipe our asses with it regards the Paiutes. I thought I read somewhere about an agency agreement with the Paiutes regarding sites, lithics and other materials.

Paiutes right to Malheur artifacts is unknown to me, but assuming they are aware of the basement storage of artifacts and not knowing whether they have a facility to archive their cultural history, I merely was tongue-in-cheek pointing out that it is not something Lavoy Finicum and his hoodlums have any right to tinker with unless he wants to step up and really be serious about historical preservation assistance to the Paiutes and to the BLM, whatever their role is.

Seriously, you misunderstood my intent. No disrespect toward the Paiutes was meant or implied.

Paiutes right to Malheur artifacts is unknown to me, but assuming they are aware of the basement storage of artifacts and not knowing whether they have a facility to archive their cultural history, I merely was tongue-in-cheek pointing out that it is not something Lavoy Finicum and his hoodlums have any right to tinker with unless he wants to step up and really be serious about historical preservation assistance to the Paiutes and to the BLM, whatever their role is.

Seriously, you misunderstood my intent. No disrespect toward the Paiutes was meant or implied.

My bust. I should have looked up Lavoy Finicum and his position in this whole thing to better understand your meaning. :eek:

Who is the militia guy with the physical issue on one side of his face? Is he a Bundy? Just curious.

If you guys get a chance to listen to Rinella's newest podcast, he goes on a pretty good rant about the situation for the first 15 minutes or so of it.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back