Meet Mr. 433

danr55

This is the elk used by the Arizona Elk Society as a mascot. His name says it all.

This bull was found dead during an archery hunt. He had been arrowed and not recovered. Probably because he moved more than 1/4 mile from the road after he was shot.

AES_433elk.sized.jpg

Gross score was 433 7/8, net score non-typical 426 3/8

cool.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 02-20-2003 07:31: Message edited by: danr55 ]</font>

I would have spent weeks on my hands and knees following that one. At least he was found and is now hung up as a great display..
LMAO BILL!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I would like to meet him in person some fall, or any of his kin

He looks like a tree Bill, you're right. If you notice, it's a Eucalyptus tree. That's the Australian/New Zealand strain of Arizona Elk. Another problem caused by immigration. They bring their pet elk over here and let them run wild to breed with native elk. What you see is the result. Big Bulls with bodies that ressemble Eucalyptus trees. Still fairly rare, but increasing in numbers every year.

YOU'RE SILLY!

cool.gif

who told that elk it was O.K. to die more than a 1/4 mile from the road, anyway??
biggrin.gif

I fully sympathise with having to hang mounts outside (my wife won't let me hand them around the house either --I take that back, I am allowed to hang them "around" the house!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Great pic Dan, thanks

Funny you mention that Randy....I was thinking....if the elk was lost because he left the road a quarter mile, meaning the hunter was on the road?.......nice roadkill bull! I hate it when those damn things don't know to saty on or near the road!
mad.gif
...just screws everything up!

Everyone knows that no one in Arizona hunts more than 1/4 mile from the road. It wouldn't be sporting...

cool.gif

Heck Dan, Some of us even get lucky enough to drive right up to our elk in a cow tank.

Not all of us have to actually HUNT our elk like the chasr dude!
I mean what fun would it be to get a monster like that one and have to pack him out more than 1/4 mile?
Good post and great picture.
Thanks

Holy cow!! That bull is huge!!
eek.gif
eek.gif

I don't think I could deal with myself if I was the archery hunter who arrowed that monster and couldn't find it. You guys think you feel sick when you lose a decent animal, just imagine how it would feel if you lost a record class animal.

Thanks for the picture Dan.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back